work life/stress?
Job opportunity in UK/Europe?
Original post by HucktheForde
Pay?
increment?
work life/stress?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3849111#primary_content

Aspiring actuary here too. You may find the thread above useful.

Pay info can be found online, you may find the IFoA website useful too.
Original post by SeanFM
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3849111#primary_content

Aspiring actuary here too. You may find the thread above useful.

Pay info can be found online, you may find the IFoA website useful too.

Hi question here. I heard that actuarist has many professional cert to take. If i not have a degree in related field but took those professional papers anyway does it help me to get an actuarist job?
What is a career in actuary and what do actuarists do?
Hi question here. I heard that actuarist has many professional cert to take. If i not have a degree in related field but took those professional papers anyway does it help me to get an actuarist job?

Worth asking in the thread I linked as I'm not sure. I recall reading somewhere that employers don't actually like what you've suggested. But that could be hearsay.
Original post by SeanFM
Worth asking in the thread I linked as I'm not sure. I recall reading somewhere that employers don't actually like what you've suggested. But that could be hearsay.

i did but got no reply

i figured out that 90% of the stuff you learn in degree never applies in your job, professional cert is actually more relevant. Hence question.
Original post by SeanFM

In the UK it's generally not expected for you to have passes in the professional examinations to be taken on for graduate programs unlike north America where it is basically required and there are some employers who prefer you to have none whatsoever until you're working in an actuarial role so they can mould you into the type of person they want and so you don't get big ideas about what sort of remuneration you deserve. The exams are not really like the work tbh and they function more like an IQ test to ensure you'll never find a fellow who is unintelligent rather the methods being an integral part of the job. It won't absolutely kill your career but if you can get your employer to fund your way through the program it's a nice little bonus.
(edited 6 years ago)
Pay?
increment?
work life/stress?

Thats like saying Whats a career in Doctor like lol
risky
It's actuary very good.

Quick Reply

Latest