The Student Room Group

HELP need advice!

So when I was in school I went through this horrible phase and made my teachers lives hell, I now want to become a teacher... (ironic I know)
I never realised how much teachers did for me and the impact they made so I want to do the same! However, in the wake of my teenage angst self destructive path I walked out of my English and Maths exams throwing a strop (I know right, ridiculous.) BUT a year later i decided to go to college and study musical theatre and became a straight distinction * student (ooooh heck)

I gained my Level 2 functional skills in Maths, ICT and English and was wondering if they are accepted as my equivalent for my C Grade GCSE's. Most places suggest it is and I'm aware it's an equivalent however I'm just double checking it's recognised before I apply for the absolute ball ache that is UCAS.

(For the record I've just achieved a 2:1 at uni in Musical Theatre)

Thanks ever so much for reading and helping!
Original post by jhtunnicliffe
So when I was in school I went through this horrible phase and made my teachers lives hell, I now want to become a teacher... (ironic I know)
I never realised how much teachers did for me and the impact they made so I want to do the same! However, in the wake of my teenage angst self destructive path I walked out of my English and Maths exams throwing a strop (I know right, ridiculous.) BUT a year later i decided to go to college and study musical theatre and became a straight distinction * student (ooooh heck)

I gained my Level 2 functional skills in Maths, ICT and English and was wondering if they are accepted as my equivalent for my C Grade GCSE's. Most places suggest it is and I'm aware it's an equivalent however I'm just double checking it's recognised before I apply for the absolute ball ache that is UCAS.

You simply have to check with the unis you are applying to whether they are accepted or not. It will say under admissions. They are are commonly accepted, but it is not universal.
Original post by jhtunnicliffe

As you know, you need the equivalent of a C at GCSE maths and English:

https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/eligibility-for-teacher-training

A Level 2 qualification is equivalent to a GCSE at A*-C, so there should be no problem with it:

http://www.learndirect.com/help/about-learndirect/learning-with-learndirect/qualification-equivalency/

As always, you can always check with a provider if you're unsure, but I think you're good to go :smile:
Thank you so much! You're a star. You even put in references, brilliant :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending