The Student Room Group

Communism, dating and marriage. Some thoughts.

We in the West have been engaged in a propaganda war against Communism be it the Soviet Union in the past or the North Koreans today.

People often proclaim that relationships are not a take and no give scenario and that they usually involve sacrifices on behalf of both parties. To myself, on the right wing of politics, only recently it must be said, as I have been supportive of dating and marriage as the backbone of the nuclear family, that this seems alot like what the Soviet Union and various Marxist theories have portrayed. I.e. giving up what you like doing to please the other party. this seems an afront on indvidual freedom and Western way of life.

To conclude, does anyone else feel this way and if not why do you feel that dating, relationships and marriage are beneficial to human life.

im anonymous because these when ever i have mentioned them in public, people think im slightly mad.
Mutual relationships should be beneficial to the self-interest of both parties, the only sacrifice should be in times of difficulty when some tragedy has rendered your partner in a slightly dependent state, maybe the death of their parents has made them sad and depressed. You could say that by being in a relationship you are sacrificing certain rights such as having sex with anyone, doing whatever you want and so forth, but you also get the security, you give up one right for another, you give up the right to do what ever you want to have someone you can rely on for things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending