The Student Room Group

Moving Unis- Help!

Hi,
Im really unhappy at my uni at the moment. I dont have many friends, and the ones i do have are horrible to me all the time. My course is dull, and i feel like i havent learned anything at all after being here for a year. There is not many opportunities either at my university and i really want to get out the area (because i stayed close to home). I study Psychology and so far ive had about an average B in my modules. If i transfer do i change universities and restart the first year or can i transfer straight to second year? Who do i contact and what steps do i take? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Original post by daisyfx
Hi,
Im really unhappy at my uni at the moment. I dont have many friends, and the ones i do have are horrible to me all the time. My course is dull, and i feel like i havent learned anything at all after being here for a year. There is not many opportunities either at my university and i really want to get out the area (because i stayed close to home). I study Psychology and so far ive had about an average B in my modules. If i transfer do i change universities and restart the first year or can i transfer straight to second year? Who do i contact and what steps do i take? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Have a read of https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424

Whether you can transfer into yr 2 or need to restart will depend on whether your course is compatible with the course you'd like to switch to. There's no easy way to know this so it's just a case of getting in touch with universities you're interested in ASAP to start the process of applying.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Have a read of https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424

Whether you can transfer into yr 2 or need to restart will depend on whether your course is compatible with the course you'd like to switch to. There's no easy way to know this so it's just a case of getting in touch with universities you're interested in ASAP to start the process of applying.

Thankyou, I looked into it an Bangor have offered me a place for next year. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by daisyfx
Thankyou, I looked into it an Bangor have offered me a place for next year. :smile:

Congratulations!

Get involved in a society or other activity of interest and even part time employment, preferably related to the field in which you aim to be employed when you transfer. Don't sit waiting for good friends to find you. Spread your wings and go see what decent peer group you can acquire for yourself. And if 'friends' are not treating you well they are not friends - ditch them!
Reply 4
Original post by CCC75
Congratulations!

Get involved in a society or other activity of interest and even part time employment, preferably related to the field in which you aim to be employed when you transfer. Don't sit waiting for good friends to find you. Spread your wings and go see what decent peer group you can acquire for yourself. And if 'friends' are not treating you well they are not friends - ditch them!

Thank-you so much for your advice. I really want to find ways to boost my CV so if I can find part time work and society projects I can keep busy! The uni i am at the moment has lodes of immature people so i find it difficult to make friends haha

Quick Reply

Latest