Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Finished LOTR! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Finally finished reading Lord of The Rings one day before results come out!

This is really annoying as I specifically worked out how long it would take me to read it so I would finish on Thursday (keeping my mind off results...).

I suppose I can add reading it to the list of things I've done in my life now :cool:

What the hell am I supposed to do now? What the hell am I going to do tommorow? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)

This is really annoying as I specifically worked out how long it would take me to read it so I would finish on Thursday (keeping my mind off results...).

I suppose I can add reading it to the list of things I've done in my life now :cool:

What the hell am I supposed to do now? What the hell am I going to do tommorow? :confused:
    Read the appendices

ReputationRep:

watch all the films - thats what im gonna do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Read the appendices
    hmmmm. Good idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    watch all the films - thats what im gonna do
    hmmm. An even better idea that'll easily take up 9 + hours! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    hmmm. An even better idea that'll easily take up 9 + hours! :eek:
    yep - that's what i thought

ReputationRep:
    I have seen that book...It is def thick!!!!!!!!!!...never read it though :confused: ..

Try this site it has some great books...I read online from here all the time!!!..

www.fictionpress.com

Rose xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Read the appendices
    LOL...yeah and then u'll be a sleep dur to boredom before u know it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    LOL...yeah and then u'll be a sleep dur to boredom before u know it
    Have you read them? They aren't boring, most of them are just a continuation of the story, or bits of story that happened before the story in the book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Have you read them? They aren't boring, most of them are just a continuation of the story, or bits of story that happened before the story in the book.
    nopes...I haven't even read that book...I gues I shudn't have been assuming that all the appendix are boring!!!..

ReputationRep:

You could always grab a copy of the silmarillion now.

ReputationRep:
    i know what a challenge it is to read that book, i was determined to read it 3 years ago before i saw any of the films, took me the whole winter break period.

Now read the silmarillian!

ReputationRep:
    Wow..everyone is talking abt this book...I shud read it then!!!

Right thats the next thing I am doing as soon as I get better!!....

ReputationRep:
    be warned, the silmarillian is not easy reading....most people are put off by the first few chapters which are v long and v dull. I know i was. Silmarillian is for the diehard lotr fan!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Willla2)
    be warned, the silmarillian is not easy reading....most people are put off by the first few chapters which are v long and v dull. I know i was. Silmarillian is for the diehard lotr fan!
    How about 'Bored of the Rings'? - not a bad spoof....if you like that sort of thing

ReputationRep:
    the Silmarillion nearly drove me insane!!!!!! way too many names that look exactly the same as each other - definitely for the eager.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.