The Student Room Group

GEOGRAPHY OR HISTORY?? reply asap please

Helllooooo
i want to know should i take history or geography for GCSE?? the deadline is friday 31st March and i have no idea what to pick. so far i have
(science,english,maths,spanish,drama,buisness,geography or history)
please tell me what you prefere and what seems right.
i enjoy geography more but i am better at history and i have asked other people and they say the geography course is boring.
PLEASE HELP MEEEE
thank you
i'm in year 11 and i take geography gcse. history is alot of essay writing where you compare different sources, you have to remember specific dates and orders for the highest marks possible. obviously i am biased and would say that geography is much easier. and it really is. i am really good at english so picking history was just down to me not liking the content. geography is the easiest gcse you could take, the questions are straightforward. unlike sciences, english, history, religion etc, the exam paper is very blunt. you know exactly what they are asking from you. geography is just: memorising case studies, processes and reading a map. there is coursework for both subjects as far as i am aware of, but since the spec is changing i'm not so sure. ask your teachers and friends. also, you do not have to pick one of them! you can pick another subject instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
it is true history is a lot of essay writing (but if you're good at that sort of thing, it's alright) but don't fall into the trap of thinking Geography is very easy; it's still quite a tricky exam, just in a different way to History. For the GCSEs you'll be doing there won't be any coursework for either (I don't think). If you enjoy Geography more, though, I'd go for that, as it'll be harder to do well in History if you don't enjoy it. I agree with talking to your teachers; they could tell you if they think you'll do well in either
Geography is A lot better.
I am much better at history than geography but I would say go for geography because in history if you **** up one question it's going to mess your overall marks.
Historyy!!
history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history history
Reply 7
Original post by _amelia
Helllooooo
i want to know should i take history or geography for GCSE?? the deadline is friday 31st March and i have no idea what to pick. so far i have
i enjoy geography more but i am better at history and i have asked other people and they say the geography course is boring.
PLEASE HELP MEEEE
thank you

Obviously you should do what you enjoy more, also take in your grades into account. But i do geography and its the best subject i picked, its so interesting and im so happy i picked it. Pick what you enjoy.
geography if you want don't want to watch bbc weather all the time

history if you want to know fiction
Reply 9
I do history and its great geography seems pretty boring. True there is a lot of essay writing in history but the stuff you learn is interesting and really cool. History all the way.
Original post by _amelia
Helllooooo
PLEASE HELP MEEEE
thank you

wag1 piff ting, wots ur bbm pin.
Reply 11
thank you so much, i understand what you mean by the geography course as being easy. in our school we HAVE to pick either geography or history (our school is really weird) so it was so stressful
Reply 12
thank you so much
Original post by wrldprincezsz
i'm in year 11 and i take geography gcse. history is alot of essay writing where you compare different sources, you have to remember specific dates and orders for the highest marks possible. obviously i am biased and would say that geography is much easier. and it really is. i am really good at english so picking history was just down to me not liking the content. geography is the easiest gcse you could take, the questions are straightforward. unlike sciences, english, history, religion etc, the exam paper is very blunt. you know exactly what they are asking from you. geography is just: memorising case studies, processes and reading a map. there is coursework for both subjects as far as i am aware of, but since the spec is changing i'm not so sure. ask your teachers and friends. also, you do not have to pick one of them! you can pick another subject instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
I took geography and is it was the best choice ever- only cos I did the old syllabus. Pick whatever floats your boat but I'd probs pick geography
Original post by _amelia
Helllooooo
PLEASE HELP MEEEE
thank you

basically georgraphy is a lottt easier so if you're aiming for easiest A*s then go for that, history is harder and a lot more knowledge based and essay writing. However history is actually very interesting and you'll likely enjoy it but geography is a bit more boring in my opinion (you have to do a lot of memorizing of the case studies for geog).
Original post by _amelia
Helllooooo
PLEASE HELP MEEEE
thank you

go for the one you enjoy the most ! i liked history but there is a lot to remember and it is very essay based. if you pick the one you enjoy the most, you'll want to revise it more meaning you could do better in your GSCES! i didnt do geography but my mates that did said it was quite easy whereas i found history difficult at some points BUT it was really interesting and i learnt so so much
Original post by hihi1111
go for the one you enjoy the most ! i liked history but there is a lot to remember and it is very essay based. if you pick the one you enjoy the most, you'll want to revise it more meaning you could do better in your GSCES! i didnt do geography but my mates that did said it was quite easy whereas i found history difficult at some points BUT it was really interesting and i learnt so so much

This thread was created 3 years ago.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by _amelia
helllooooo
i want to know should i take history or geography for gcse?? The deadline is friday 31st march and i have no idea what to pick. So far i have
I enjoy geography more but i am better at history and i have asked other people and they say the geography course is boring.
Please help meeee
thank you

same omg i dont know what to choose
I’m in year 11 and take geography.

Your lucky. In the position your in you have time.

Don’t fall for geographies tricks. They will try to sell you the course, make it sound fun but in reality it’s not.

History is what I hear seems tk be a lot better .

They are both long . But bare in mind history is interesting .

Don’t fall for their tricks , choose history.

Quick Reply

Latest