The Student Room Group

GCSE subjects

For the core subjects in the UK, Maths, Science and English, does science count as three different GCSE's if I am doing triple science. Also does English language and English Literature count as two different GCSE's?

Thanks for the help!
Original post by Chris Reynolds
For the core subjects in the UK, Maths, Science and English, does science count as three different GCSE's if I am doing triple science. Also does English language and English Literature count as two different GCSE's?

Thanks for the help!

Fortunately Not. Triple Science will only take one option and English Language And Literature are 2 Different GCSE's, But they're core so they wont take any options
Yes, English Lit and Lang are two separate GCSEs. If you are doing triple science, then yes, you obtain a GCSE each in Biology, Chemistry AND Physics
Original post by Preciousxo
Yes, English Lit and Lang are two separate GCSEs. If you are doing triple science, then yes, you obtain a GCSE each in Biology, Chemistry AND Physics

Thanks for your help, so all together i will receive 6 GCSE's? One for Maths, two for English Literature and English Language, and three for the Three seperate sciences?
Original post by Chris Reynolds
Thanks for your help, so all together i will receive 6 GCSE's? One for Maths, two for English Literature and English Language, and three for the Three seperate sciences?

Yes you're right 1 Maths 1 English Language 1 English Literature 3 Science's
You will get 6 GCSEs: Maths, 2 English, 3 Sciences, however depending on what system you're doing your Science GCSEs could either be Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Core Science, Additional Science and Further Additional

Quick Reply

Latest