The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

posting TMA's

I posted a TMA which had errors on it which transferred to an open office document which I rectified it then posted the TMA again on the eTMA system.

I've read somewhere that if you do this, your current file overrides the previous file?

Am I correct? Even though when I posted it, it said I'm posting a second edition.

Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Java7
I posted a TMA which had errors on it which transferred to an open office document which I rectified it then posted the TMA again on the eTMA system.

I've read somewhere that if you do this, your current file overrides the previous file?

Am I correct? Even though when I posted it, it said I'm posting a second edition.

Thanks!

You can post as many times as you want up to the deadline, but technically your tutor doesn't have to wait until the deadline to start making it, so you may want to drop them a line to make sure they haven't already picked up the version with errors (especially if some time passed between uploading the two versions).
(edited 7 years ago)
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Persipan
You can post as many times as you want up to the deadline, but technically your tutor doesn't have to wait until the deadline to start making it, so you may want to drop them a line to make sure they haven't already picked up the version with errors (especially if some time passed between uploading the two versions).

Thank you.

What happened I used Microsoft word all the way through the TMA and was saving it via word.

For some reason it just then became an open office document and all the formatting was messed up! The tables with stats was completely messed up.

I submitted a better revised formatted version but it was still an open office document.

I'm not sure how it turned into an open office document.

For sure I'm going to lose 15 marks which is incredibly sad because I've done nothIng wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending