Ideas for photography and filming project memory theme project?

Watch
NamiMey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
For our final project, we have to turn in about ten photos that all have to do with memory theme for photography.

I have to come up with a story related to Memory for the short film as well; I have to write a script about it. I can't think of a short story. Something that will be easy for filming.
Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Arts
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NamiMey)
For our final project, we have to turn in about ten photos that all have to do with memory theme for photography.

I have to come up with a story related to Memory for the short film as well; I have to write a script about it. I can't think of a short story. Something that will be easy for filming.
Hi NamiMey,

This is a very exciting theme to work with, and one which provides you with plenty of scope! Have you tried brainstorming and writing down all of the words you associate with memory and what your beliefs on memory are? This will give you a great starting point.

I would also encourage you to not think of an idea that is 'easy for filming' either, as this will translate through your work. Pick something which excites you and makes you go the extra mile for, that way your hard work will pay off.

A few themes which spring to mind are;
Dementia - How the brain is eaten away and memories fade
Technology- The cloud stores all our images and videos/ does this take away from our actual memories?
Bad Memories- How they effect our sleeping patterns, us physically and emotionally

I hope that helped and let me know how you get on!

Best Wishes,
Chloe
NamiMey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Arts)
Hi NamiMey,

This is a very exciting theme to work with, and one which provides you with plenty of scope! Have you tried brainstorming and writing down all of the words you associate with memory and what your beliefs on memory are? This will give you a great starting point.

I would also encourage you to not think of an idea that is 'easy for filming' either, as this will translate through your work. Pick something which excites you and makes you go the extra mile for, that way your hard work will pay off.

A few themes which spring to mind are;
Dementia - How the brain is eaten away and memories fade
Technology- The cloud stores all our images and videos/ does this take away from our actual memories?
Bad Memories- How they effect our sleeping patterns, us physically and emotionally

I hope that helped and let me know how you get on!

Best Wishes,
Chloe

Thank you for the ideas. I thought nobody was going to reply, so I was given up waiting but I'm glad to check at least once, and here you was.

Your ideas are good, I'm thinking of dementia but it'd be difficult to filming brain being eaten away and memories fades. I have to figure out how will I film about it so I am going to watch films related to memory and get inspired from it.

I'll see how it goes for now. Thank you.
Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Arts
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NamiMey)
Thank you for the ideas. I thought nobody was going to reply, so I was given up waiting but I'm glad to check at least once, and here you was.

Your ideas are good, I'm thinking of dementia but it'd be difficult to filming brain being eaten away and memories fades. I have to figure out how will I film about it so I am going to watch films related to memory and get inspired from it.

I'll see how it goes for now. Thank you.
Hi NamiMey,

It's my pleasure. Also, try not taking ideas so literal in future. If you want to explore dementia and how the brain is eaten away, you don't literally have to show a brain being eaten away. How about exploring the concept of 'eating' or things disappearing into nothing. This way you can explore the imagery behind dementia without actually needing to show a brain- if that makes sense.
For example, a time lapse of an apple growing moldy and disintegrating. The apple would symbolise the brain, and the mold the illness.

I hope that helps

Chloe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (47)
24.35%
Less motivated (146)
75.65%

Watched Threads