The Student Room Group

Should I take 3 A-levels or 3 A-levels and one AS?

I would love to take 3 a-levels since it would help me concentrate on 3 subjects (2 sciences, maths) but I'm sure what I will enjoy and what I will be good at. The fourth one is law which I want to take because first, (I think) I'll like the subject and second, I want to see what law is like because I'm considering law as a career. Yes, I know that law is not a requirement for law.
My plan is to take 4 a-levels and if I don't like a subject I'll drop it. Taking 4 AS though may affect my grades...
Original post by dcc100
I would love to take 3 a-levels since it would help me concentrate on 3 subjects (2 sciences, maths) but I'm sure what I will enjoy and what I will be good at. The fourth one is law which I want to take because first, (I think) I'll like the subject and second, I want to see what law is like because I'm considering law as a career. Yes, I know that law is not a requirement for law.
My plan is to take 4 a-levels and if I don't like a subject I'll drop it. Taking 4 AS though may affect my grades...

If your school lets you you could trial all the subjects for a few weeks or a month at the beginning of the year and then drop one if you weren't enjoying it or realised it wasn't for you. I switched around subjects at the beginning of the year and quite a few people I know did too - if your school allows for this then I'd recommend that.
Reply 2
If you're really interested in law then just take it then at least you can trial it out and it can help to narrow down uni course choices. If you're really feeling like your grades are effected or you want to focus on 3 you can always drop. Loads of people at my school have dropped a subject and you only need 3 good a-levels anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest