Home Office Caseworker Watch

silver67surfer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have been told EO candidates get informed if they are successful first then AO so shouldn't be much longer.
Flx1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey everyone

I applied for both the AO and EO positions.
I got 98% on the AO and 79% on the EO. I've been offered an interview time for the EO position next week. I'm guessing I'll just be offered the one interview (my application for AO is on hold). I'm also due to go in on the 10th, I thought that'd give me plenty of time to practice with the competency questions

Good luck all
Chantelle_89
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well done for those who have been offered an interview, I'll be checking my emails all day tomorrow hoping to make it to the next stage. My AO application still says on hold so I would imagine you would have two separate interviews for each position, maybe the interviewer can confirm that for you next week.
Flx1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chantelle_89)
Well done for those who have been offered an interview, I'll be checking my emails all day tomorrow hoping to make it to the next stage.
:crossedf: Keep us all updated and I'll do the same, hope we all get the news we want over the next 2 weeks
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I seen yesterday there is a new position for EO caseworkers but appears this is one is for agency staff, 140 vacancies in Bootle. Is anyone able to go to the advertisers page, when I try to click it says cannot find web page. Unsure if want to apply yet.
silver67surfer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Spotted that as well yesterday and same problem with getting to website but I'm unsure if it is agency but it is another I will apply for even though it is an FTA job - as foot in the door is much better than door slammed in face or never opened when you knock

Just been on manpower website and its on there with only slightly more details ref hrs of work but unlike the CS jobsite no info reference the selection process/interviews etc but that may come up when you apply but I haven't registered with manpower to apply yet as prefer to apply through CS site

Will wait till weekend then make a decision
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you that's great, I'll head to Manpower website. The only thing putting me off applying is the fact it says temporary I'm unsure how civil service works with temp jobs whether they carry on or not? Suppose they are things I could ask if I got to the interview stage haha.
Flx1
Rep:
?
Just wondering where you both found those positions?
Might be an option for me too if I don't pass on Monday
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It is listed on the civil service website, to apply for the vacancy you need to go to the manpower website. The job title is Executive Officer - Decision Maker. Hope this helps.

I have just applied and need to complete their online tests hoping I can do this later.
silver67surfer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It will surprise you how many people start in the civil service on a temp contract and end up perm my wife works in hmrc in compliance she started off temp contract 5 yrs later she's still there only permanent now however it never occurred to me to apply but needs must my brain needs extra stimulation and a new challenge.

I didn't want to mention my other half working in civil service as people get the impression you have an unfair/better advantage than most I can only say I wish it was true, when I write a competency and she reads it well all's I will say is I prefer pulling my own teeth plus I want to get this job on my merits not hers if that makes sense.
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I believe there are a lot of temporary people in the civil service who have also worked there for along time, it just scares me leave a permanent job for a temporary job but saying that I would have to be offered a job first before worrying too much about it.

I wouldn't worry about your partner also working for the civil service I think people generally hear about jobs anyway from friends and family who work there. It's a great profession to get into, so if she can help you let her haha.
silver67surfer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think they can only keep you temp for a certain amount of time until they have to either end your contract or offer you perm as she was given a few 6 month extensions then the perm contract but not 100% sure so don't quote me but you can still apply for other roles or transfer departments but I think its at managers.

My partner has 5 applications on the go now so a bit stressful at the min, the mere mention of the word application when were trying to relax after work doesn't help the situation

Sorry chantelle_89just realised I put temp twice on previous post
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well I wish you two the best of luck. It's states it's a new team they are arranging so sounds like if it goes well it would be there a while.
Flx1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chantelle_89)
Well I wish you two the best of luck. It's states it's a new team they are arranging so sounds like if it goes well it would be there a while.
Have you heard back about the AO position yet?
silver67surfer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Its a no from me anyway
Flx1
Rep:
?
(Original post by silver67surfer)
Its a no from me anyway
Oh no really sorry to hear that! Will you be applying through manpower?
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I haven't heard back yet, still says on hold. Thought I would of got an email today, thinking maybe they will do EO interviews for the first week and then AO for the second week. I'll let you know as soon as I hear. Just out of curiosity what dates were available for booking your EO interview?
silver67surfer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No sorry I meant still no change on hold same as chantelle_89 not I've had a no.

I have been told that there were possibly 5000+ applications for these posts whether that's true I don't know but could be the reason for the delay

Also the link for the decision maker job is working on the Civil service jobs site
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks, just read the candidate pack as I was unable to access it earlier. Just completed the online test and will have to wait to hear back now, they predicted to have a response by 24th April.
silver67surfer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I will do the Decision maker application at the weekend possibly during the week as I'm off work for 2 long weeks of stress free nothingness.

Still on hold for the AO position which is getting frustrating, but not really surprised to be honest,

Nothing like delivering at pace in the civil service they want to try it once in a while not just expect you to be able to produce a competency based upon it and reject you if it isn't good enough!!!!!!! Rant over
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (51)
22.27%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (78)
34.06%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (48)
20.96%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (20)
8.73%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
13.97%

Watched Threads