The Student Room Group

Home Office Caseworker

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chantelle_89
Surely as long as you have passed all your pre employment checks then you will receive the formal job offer, I can understand your frustration it is such a long process and on top of applying for a new job you have the added pressure of relocating, I hope you hear back soon. I have applied for the EO role in Bootle and still under going my CTC clearance, the wait is driving me insane lol.

See I thought my CTC was still ongoing but when I emailed them it turned out they've finished and HO are sitting on it while they allocate jobs to the previous batch of people. It seems like a really clumsy system. Why not tell me I have passed so at least I know a formal offer is incoming. As it stands my portal technically tells me a lie; "once these checks are done we will contact you" is a lie if the vetting people have said they've already finished.

I want to stay positive but it is quite literally causing hell. I started applying for jobs again today because I can't really afford to sit on my hands for months while they deal with a backlog.

Hopefully they get back to me before I have to commit to something else.
Original post by ZeeMaame
Will do...

Hi,
Did you get any reply yet?
Original post by cloudy sky
Hi,
Did you get any reply yet?

Hi,

No reply yet. How about you?

I have received an offer for an Administrative Officer role for Ministry of Justice that I applied for previously. Now going through pre-employment checks. Nothing from the Home Office ones yet.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 383
Original post by alasdair8
See I thought my CTC was still ongoing but when I emailed them it turned out they've finished and HO are sitting on it while they allocate jobs to the previous batch of people. It seems like a really clumsy system. Why not tell me I have passed so at least I know a formal offer is incoming. As it stands my portal technically tells me a lie; "once these checks are done we will contact you" is a lie if the vetting people have said they've already finished.

I want to stay positive but it is quite literally causing hell. I started applying for jobs again today because I can't really afford to sit on my hands for months while they deal with a backlog.

Hopefully they get back to me before I have to commit to something else.

I don't understand how they have said they are dealing with another campaign first, Am I correct in thinking other people have been given start dates? Or is that for the other role than which you have applied? I know it's hard to say but try to remain positive it seems the civil service are not quick at processing background checks, obviously if another job appears that you like the look of there is no harm in applying. I hope you hear back soon. Maybe send them an email every week or two seeking an update.
Hi,

No reply yet. How about you?

I have received an offer for an Administrative Officer role for Ministry of Justice that I applied for previously. Now going ye pre-employment checks. Nothing from the Home Office ones yet.

Wow... that's a good news. I haven't received anything yet from Home office.
When did you applied for AO in Ministry of Justice, because I don't remember seeing this vacancy in the civil service job website.
Wow... that's a good news. I haven't received anything yet from Home office.
When did you applied for AO in Ministry of Justice, because I don't remember seeing this vacancy in the civil service job website.

Going to direct message you
I started in the home office 3 weeks ago. I've heard that if you have been placed on the reserve list for either EO or AO caseworker you will be offered a position as they are exhausting the full reserve list
Reply 387
Original post by Luke944273
I started in the home office 3 weeks ago. I've heard that if you have been placed on the reserve list for either EO or AO caseworker you will be offered a position as they are exhausting the full reserve list

That's great news for people on the reserve list, thanks for sharing Luke, hope your enjoying your new role.
Original post by Luke944273

That is good news. When I last spoke to them they told me they basically had no timeline for placing my intake of people and that they were "working on previous campaigns". Despite that I've finished vetting. Bit weird sitting on my hands with a provisional offer and vetting completed.
Original post by Mrsmoo123
Thats good news. I'm currently on reserve for AO thanks for the info...how are you finding it so far?

That's fantastic, hopefully it's just a matter of time now!
Has anyone heard anything new? Any updates for Liverpool Home Office AOs
Will do...

Hi, I received reply from Home office today regarding the position AO-Asylum non detained caseworker. Did you get any reply from them for this position?
I work in the civil service and my manager said the most impressive thing was how I related my personal motives to the beliefs and values of the organisation. Not sure if the home office has any values etc that they outline, but if they do and you get to the interview stage - make sure to link them to yourself.
Hi, I received reply from Home office today regarding the position AO-Asylum non detained caseworker. Did you get any reply from them for this position?

Hi

I have it received a reply yet. What did your reply say?

Edit* awww I just checked and mine was unsuccessful:frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi

My application was unsuccessful. I received 4,3,4,4 marks for my competency. I think my application was unsuccessful because I got 3 in one competency.:mad::mad:
Hi

Edit* awww I just checked and mine was unsuccessful:frown:

What is your score?
My application was unsuccessful. I received 4,3,4,4 marks for my competency. I think my application was unsuccessful because I got 3 in one competency.:mad::mad:

Yea the main comp which was Delivering at Pace I received a 3. But how do you check all the others? I can't see all of them apart from one.
Yea the main comp which was Delivering at Pace I received a 3. But how do you check all the others? I can't see all of them apart from one.

When I clicked the feedback tab , they have provided me all 4 scores.
When I clicked the feedback tab , they have provided me all 4 scores.

Ok so yours progressed to them sifting through all your comps
Ok so yours progressed to them sifting through all your comps

Looks like..... yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending