Flx1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by silver67surfer)

Still on hold for the AO position which is getting frustrating, but not really surprised to be honest,
The job advert said interviews would be the weeks commencing 3rd and 10th. Like you say it's a little unfair to be having an interview with emphasis on delivering at pace if they can't deliver on time. My AO positions on hold too but I just thought thats because I already had an interview for the EO role. From what I remember the interview days only went up to next Thursday I think?
Chantelle_89
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Mine is still on hold too, I'm thinking they might of pushed the interviews back a week, so maybe the weeks beginning 10th & 17th? well I am hoping haha.
silver67surfer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How many positions were there for the EO position as may give an idea of number of people being interviewed as only 4 days for interviews as good Friday next week , with possibly up to 8 people being interviewed per day if it is only an interview not an assessment like the AO vacancy.

Your interview for EO has no relevance to your AO application being on hold anyway as it is only if you pass your interview and are given an offer you will have to cancel your other application, but no harm in asking for clarification at your EO interview or when you arrive and they start with your documents you have to take with you.
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I believe there was 120 positions for each vacancy. Would like to know how many people have been intivited to the interview stage.
Flx1
Rep:
?
EO assessment day will be the same as the AO position. There's a 30 minute case study and then the interviews are only 10 minutes long. That's what it states in the information I've been given.
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That sounds good, hopefully won't be a long day. Good luck for Monday.
silver67surfer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes Fix1 have a good interview

my other half has said that these vacancies were advertised in the echo and that the jobs currently are being done by agency staff who were told they had to apply for them as well and that upto 15,000 (not 5,000) applications were received mainly because of the publicity and remember that there is already a reserve list as well for these jobs so to even get an interview for a role is good going. The test score sift point must have been high to cut numbers right down
Flx1
Rep:
?
Currently feeling very anxious and nervous about tomorrows assessment day!
silver67surfer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Flx1)
Just be yourself and don't stress about it, easier said than done I know bur I wish you all the best for tomorrow and don't forget to tell us how it goes any tips etc.

I just wish we knew what was going on with our applications but they may say something about it tomorrow as I don't think you will be the only one who applied for both and the AO one is still on hold.i
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Flx1)
Good luck for tomorrow, try not to worry. Just think if this doesn't go as well as you hoped you know how to improve for the AO position when them interviews are given out.

Best wishes for tomorrow.
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just received an email about the AO position advising due to high volume of applicants they have decided to add an additional test, which will need to be completed by the 18th 😓. I'll be panicking now if I don't do this one well I might not get an interview.

How did your interview go yesterday Flx1, did they mention how many people they were interviewing for the EO position? Hope it went well.
silver67surfer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Received it as well, we will be doing handstands at the next stage, then back flips if that doesn't work, not impressed is an understatement
Flx1
Rep:
?
Didn't get it! I didn't pass the assessment stage At least half of us didn't
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Flx1)
Didn't get it! I didn't pass the assessment stage At least half of us didn't
Oh no, I am so sorry. Good luck for the AO position at least you know what to expect.

I have just completed my verbal reasoning test and only scored 50% so I guess I won't be offered an interview 😓.
Missliverpool73
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Was the assessment hard what what was the format , I have mine on Thursday and I am really nervously
Missliverpool73
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I miss sorry you never got the job kid xx
Missliverpool73
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did my verbal reasoning today too and got 69 % so think I'm out too, I have my EO interview on Friday and do not know what to expect, I'm so nervous I could cry haha 😫😫😫 if anyone could give me a few tips I'd be so greatful 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Missliverpool73
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Missliverpool73)
I did my verbal reasoning today too and got 69 % so think I'm out too, I have my EO interview on Friday and do not know what to expect, I'm so nervous I could cry haha 😫😫😫 if anyone could give me a few tips I'd be so greatful 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
sorry it's on Thursday
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Missliverpool73)
I haven't attended any civil service assessment centres before so haven't got any advice other than to try and enjoy it haha, I'm am absolutely gutted I scored so low on the verbal reasoning test I hope they add both scores together to determine who goes through to the assessments, might give me a slightly better chance. Good luck for Thursday, hope it goes well.
Missliverpool73
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Chantelle_89)
I haven't attended any civil service assessment centres before so haven't got any advice other than to try and enjoy it haha, I'm am absolutely gutted I scored so low on the verbal reasoning test I hope they add both scores together to determine who goes through to the assessments, might give me a slightly better chance. Good luck for Thursday, hope it goes well.
Thank you Chantelle

Neither have I , I just don't know how the written assessment part will be set out, I thought the verbal reasoning part was the hardest test we did, hopefully they will add the scores up and we did do the pretty early on, 18th is the deadline, so loads more people will have to be added in to the % . Thanks for you support and good look too ☘️☘️☘️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (11)
6.51%
They've been reasonable (69)
40.83%
Not feeling great... (44)
26.04%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)
26.63%

Watched Threads

Latest