The Student Room Group

Home Office Caseworker

Scroll to see replies

Congrats guys are you all for eo
Original post by silver67surfer
Congrats guys are you all for eo

I am for the EO role. They may be doing AOs and EOs at the same time?
I am EO yeah, assessment centre on Dec 4th
Fingers crossed the ao offers start soon then good luck in your new roles
Original post by Liverpool077
I am EO yeah, assessment centre on Dec 4th

I was at the assessment centre on the 4th December too! We may even have chatted lol!
Reply 585
Me too, was a bit of a surprise! I'd put it to the back of my mind for my own sanity haha. Well done all, hopefully the next step won't be too drawn out and we get some start dates soon!
Anyone who got a provisional AO offer in December hear anything yet?These CTC checks are taking the proverbial...
Original post by dward745
Anyone who got a provisional AO offer in December hear anything yet?These CTC checks are taking the proverbial...

I know someone who got an AO offer in September and still hasn't had a start date. They are so slow!
I've heard AO start dates will be April/May. Some will be based in Bootle.
I received my start date for the AO and EO yesterday, I was told I had to withdraw from the AO job if I wanted to progress with the EO job. Which I have done. The start date is 5th April. Has anyone else had anything like this?
It was strangely abrupt after the months of waiting, I didn’t get asked how long my notice period was or that they were chasing up references.
When did you receive your provisional offer for both?
I was told 12-16weeks before people will get start dates as they didn’t have any at the moment but it would definatley be after April. I got my provisional offer on Thursday
Original post by dward745
When did you receive your provisional offer for both?

I got the provisional offer for the AO in October but I got the provisional offer for the EO last week. I am assuming they just took my details they already had from my AO application
Reply 593
Hi guys,

I got my provisional offer in November and still haven’t heard anything.
Getting seriously bored now as my previous jobs contract came to an end in December and I didn’t think it was worth looking for anything else!
As far as I’m aware all they’ve got left to do is get my references but having spoken to my referees they’ve not heard anything either. How can it be taking so long!!! :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Abc22
Hi guys,

I got my provisional offer in November and still haven’t heard anything.
Getting seriously bored now as my previous jobs contract came to an end in December and I didn’t think it was worth looking for anything else!
As far as I’m aware all they’ve got left to do is get my references but having spoken to my referees they’ve not heard anything either. How can it be taking so long!!! :frown:

I Got my provisional offer in October, I have only just recently (within the last week or so) received my start date. So hopefully you won’t be waiting too much longer. But I agree with you the employment process is really sluggish
Reply 595
Oh fab, congratulations!!! Do you mind me asking how far away the start date it? Just so I know whether it’s worth looking for temporary work!! Congratulations again :smile:
i'm in the same boat as you, my CTC checks are still "in progress" and none of my referees have been contacted. i'm hoping we should hear something by the end of the month
Reply 597
Have you been able to log onto the website to see that they’re still in progress? Every time I try and log in it says the websites down and to use the hard copy of the form!
Yeah, I can log in, that message is there but it doesn't stop me logging in

Original post by Abc22
Have you been able to log onto the website to see that they’re still in progress? Every time I try and log in it says the websites down and to use the hard copy of the form!
Original post by Abc22
Oh fab, congratulations!!! Do you mind me asking how far away the start date it? Just so I know whether it’s worth looking for temporary work!! Congratulations again :smile:

My start date is the 5th April. That isn’t too bad for me as it gives me time to give plenty of notice to my current job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending