Home Office Caseworker Watch

silver67surfer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have just completed the verbal reasoning too 77% meeting the required standard but I think that may be too low to be honest
Did it say you met the required standard with your scores??

Just out of interest how many questions did you get was it only 4 as that's all I answered which seemed strange.

Also keep your chin up Fix1
Chantelle_89
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by silver67surfer)
I have just completed the verbal reasoning too 77% meeting the required standard but I think that may be too low to be honest
Did it say you met the required standard with your scores??

Just out of interest how many questions did you get was it only 4 as that's all I answered which seemed strange.

Also keep your chin up Fix1
I think I answered about 6 or 8 questions, maybe I was getting them all wrong they kept asking me more 🙈, I tried the 2 practice tests and got them all right so am very upset with myself.

Yes it states I had met the required standard. Guess we will have to wait a whole week to hear back now. Hate the waiting.
silver67surfer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It did say something about it will keep on asking questions to better understand your analysing skills or something along those lines.

Going to be well hacked off if my interview if successful isn't during that week I'm off as this will be a total waste of time if I can't get time off after only just returning to work after 2 weeks off during the weeks we were told they would be held.
silver67surfer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think I might write a competency on delivering at pace while working for the civil service!!!!!!

It will be relatively short

Assessor----- give me a time when you have delivered a project on time

Civil service Resourcing------ Can I have a few weeks to answer that please because at this point the answer is NO

Disclaimer
This in no way reflects the majority of people applying for jobs within the civil service who have had their applications handled in a speedy and professional manner and not had extra tests added after they thought they had scored high enough to warrant an interview, but unfortunately it is for us so I don't apologise for being ************** OFF
Missliverpool73
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi fix do you have any tips for my EO interview tomorrow ? I've studied all the competencys but I don't know if that will be enough for the assesment, was there anything out the blue ? Thanks again and good luck with your AO xx
silver67surfer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm in the dark as well Missliverpool so can't help just interested to know the format myself not ever doing a written case study before and what is involved
Missliverpool73
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MissBunny)
Just booked my assessment day for 10th April for the EO, anyone else attending that day? Slightly nervous, as I've had interviews with CS before but no offers.

Good luck to all!
Hi miss bunny, how did your assessment day for the EO go, I have mine tomorrow and advice would be greatly received as I am so nervous xxxx
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good luck today Missliverpool
Missliverpool73
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Chantelle_89)
Good luck today Missliverpool
was really hard there is no way you can prepare for the assessment
silver67surfer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What was the format it was in, not the specifics of what the questions asked but was it all written or a mixture of using a computer ect
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did they give you any ideas on how long you have to wait to find out if you were successful or how many people were being interviewed? At least you know what to expect for the AO interview, I don't think I will get one unfortunately 😓
Missliverpool73
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did they give you any ideas on how long you have to wait to find out if you were successful or how many people were being interviewed? At least you know what to expect for the AO interview, I don't think I will get one unfortunately 😓
no nothing like that we had to do a assesment like you are an EO officer approving applications based on the guidelines given on the day, haha Ye if I get that far thanks, no no time frame given love x
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good luck, hopefully you won't have to wait too long
silver67surfer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't give up hope Chantelle_89,
Until all tests are reviewed we wont know the cut off mark and if our comments reference it being difficult are anything to go by then everyone probably did.

It is still slightly unfair I think that they added a test when if they had increased the pass mark on the previous test I personally would have been a little happier, its the waiting around that is frustrating about the whole process.
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by silver67surfer)
Don't give up hope Chantelle_89,
Until all tests are reviewed we wont know the cut off mark and if our comments reference it being difficult are anything to go by then everyone probably did.

It is still slightly unfair I think that they added a test when if they had increased the pass mark on the previous test I personally would have been a little happier, its the waiting around that is frustrating about the whole process.
Thanks, I'll try but it's hard not too haha.

Iv got another 2 applications going through the civil service at the moment and another two to apply for so hopefully I might be more successful with the others 🤞
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I also agree the wait is awful 😤
Chantelle_89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just received email from the other EO position in Bootle to advise I have passed the online tests and can book my telephone interview, at least they are quick getting back to applicants, the closing date hasn't passed yet.
Missliverpool73
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just received email from the other EO position in Bootle to advise I have passed the online tests and can book my telephone interview, at least they are quick getting back to applicants, the closing date hasn't passed yet.
well done x
Missliverpool73
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I didn't apply for them x
homesickalien90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone applying for the jobs in Sheffield?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (50)
22.94%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (75)
34.4%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (43)
19.72%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (18)
8.26%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
14.68%

Watched Threads