The Student Room Group

Home Office Caseworker

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by silver67surfer
My EO decision maker is on hold for 3 months which I'm not too bothered about.

The EO decision maker telephone interview tells you in the material sent in the email which competenciest are relevant just seen my wifes paperwork she has printed out so it does tell you how to prepare for it, it was sent after she booked it.

Gyoza what did you score on the additional test for the AO position

So sorry to hear your on hold for the EO decision maker, from what I have heard on other forums on this website it doesn't mean you might not get offered an interview at a later stage, fingers crossed for you for both vacancies, wonder if we will hear back tomorrow about the AO position, probably not knowing how slow they have been so far 😂
Thanks Chantelle_89 but I'm honestly not that bothered about it, I was going to withdraw it and my wife said just do test as nothing to lose, didn't try as hard as I should have but just got it out the way even did it while other people were watching TV as couldn't be bothered going in dining room, what will be will be.

Reference the AO job, hopefully will find out soon the wait is agonising and seems a few have applied so the scoring system /method is baffling me but nothing we can do about it now just keep fingers x
Reply 102
My EO decision maker is on hold for 3 months which I'm not too bothered about.

The EO decision maker telephone interview tells you in the material sent in the email which competenciest are relevant just seen my wifes paperwork she has printed out so it does tell you how to prepare for it, it was sent after she booked it.

Gyoza what did you score on the additional test for the AO position

It says I scored better than 76% of people who previously took the test. I'm not exactly sure what we're supposed to make of those numbers, if anything.

From what I read, the scores are based on a sample group who took the test when it was first concocted. They're not based on the current group taking the tests, so you're not necessarily seeing a score that represents how you did vs the rest of the current candidates.
Yes its a pain not knowing how we have done which is why even those who got a low score wont find out until the closing date for the test as it is compared to all the applications the base group you are scored against is just a barometer for us for this test as they are trying to cut the numbers down as so many applications.
Your score like I said only baffles me as you answered 10 questions ,if I read your post correctly, and I got 77% and only answered 4 !!!!!!????
Reply 104
Got phone interview for Bootle position this Friday. Wonder how quickly we will find out results from those
Reply 105
Original post by Jamso
Got phone interview for Bootle position this Friday. Wonder how quickly we will find out results from those

As they are quite quick at getting back to people, I think we might hear back by the end of next week 🤞
Reply 106
Good luck for Friday
The wait continues:frown::frown:

and good luck for your Eo telephone interviews everyone who has one
Reply 108
The wait continues:frown::frown:

and good luck for your Eo telephone interviews everyone who has one

I know I keep checking the website to see if my application goes unsuccessful like the EO did, hate the wait 😤
Reply 109
People should be going through the first round of phone interviews today. Is there anyone in this thread who might be able to give us an indication of what they're like?
Reply 110
Original post by Gyoza
People should be going through the first round of phone interviews today. Is there anyone in this thread who might be able to give us an indication of what they're like?

I have only attended a telephone interview once and it was many years ago, I was simply asked for examples, i.e. Tell me about a time you delivered at Pace. I simply read out of my answers and then at the end was asked if anything further to say, the lady just simply wrote down what I said. It is pretty straight forward you just have to hope your answers are what they are looking for. Hope this helps
Reply 111
Did my phone interview this morning. Was very straight forward. She said that I should find out within five days, so I hope I do hehe.
Reply 112
Original post by Jamso
Did my phone interview this morning. Was very straight forward. She said that I should find out within five days, so I hope I do hehe.

Well done, fingers crossed for you
Reply 113
I also did mine yesterday. It was very formal. Basically just a formal introduction, banging the answers out, and then you'll hear back within five days.

I think I answered one of the questions very well. Two of them were just word vomit. They are also a bit more specific than just "Tell us about a time when you've delivered at pace" which I think I screwed up on, because I tailored my examples to the entire list of competencies and I ended up shoehorning those in to what he asked.

Also my dog decided it was the perfect time to start bugging me.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 114
Original post by Gyoza
I also did mine yesterday. It was very formal. Basically just a formal introduction, banging the answers out, and then you'll hear back within five days.

I think I answered one of the questions very well. Two of them were just word vomit. They are also a bit more specific than just "Tell us about a time when you've delivered at pace" which I think I screwed up on, because I tailored my examples to the entire list of competencies and I ended up shoehorning those in to what he asked.

Also my dog decided it was the perfect time to start bugging me.

Yeah! I was lucky 2 of my questions I prepared, and the third question was not really relevant to what i prepared, so just had to free-fall with the competency guidelines in front of me lol.

I wanna know now hehe. Do you know when the last interviews are?
Reply 115
Original post by Jamso
Yeah! I was lucky 2 of my questions I prepared, and the third question was not really relevant to what i prepared, so just had to free-fall with the competency guidelines in front of me lol.

I wanna know now hehe. Do you know when the last interviews are?

I think Monday. We'll probably know by the end of next week.
Reply 116
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to prepare some more examples, I am guessing one would be tell us a time you were emotionally resilient
I wonder if the election being called will be a reason for a slowdown in response to applications!! It shouldn't be as its been slow before it was called.

Just can't believe after sitting the extra test still no answer on outcomes which is infuriating and annoying but it doesn't surprise me.
My other half has just had her telephone interview and was near the end when she was baffled by the woman asking her if she had prepared her answers or something along those lines which made her feel she had done something wrong.
Reply 119
My other half has just had her telephone interview and was near the end when she was baffled by the woman asking her if she had prepared her answers or something along those lines which made her feel she had done something wrong.

Oh no, I have got mine in 2 hours and starting to panick haha, with regards to the AO vacancy I imagine mine will move to the unsuccessful applications on the civil service website tomorrow like the EO one did, can't predict though when people will be offered interviews unfortunately

Quick Reply

Latest