The Student Room Group

Home Office Caseworker

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lou1014
Yeah I start next Thursday and still don’t know where to be on my first day 😬😬

I start on MONDAY haha. I haven’t got a clue where to go or what time. It’s awful isn’t it
Original post by Notions97
To be fair they don’t have process you on payroll till 10 days before you start (they’ll most likely do it a bit earlier than that...maybe!) so don’t hand it in just yet. Definitely send off the NSD but they do say you can always send your P45 later if you don’t have it! Definitely don’t hand in your notice though! Btw where are you going to be working??

This is what I’ve done was just worried not sending it with the p45 would delay it further 🙄 and I applied for the Hounslow EO role!
Ah didn’t say that on my provisional offer, literally just got an email asking for documents and saying I’d been offered the job. Was also told at the interview they wanted everyone in place by september so :/
Which one is this? Don’t feel like I’ve filled anything out about work yet!
Original post by 1x9x9x2
Which one is this? Don’t feel like I’ve filled anything out about work yet!

Can we pm ?
Morning all! I'm starting on 1st Oct and not recvd a contact notification to find out where I'm actually starting?

Anyone else in the same boat
X
Original post by hustle88
Morning all! I'm starting on 1st Oct and not recvd a contact notification to find out where I'm actually starting?

Anyone else in the same boat
X

I’m in exactly the same boat! Apparently emails were sent yesterday but I didn’t get one did you?? I haven’t a clue what time or where to go haha! I’m really stressed
Original post by Liverpool077
I’m in exactly the same boat! Apparently emails were sent yesterday but I didn’t get one did you?? I haven’t a clue what time or where to go haha! I’m really stressed

Not received anything I emailed PM recruitment and they said there had been issues emails will be recvd in Due Course 🤦🏼*♀️
Not received anything I emailed PM recruitment and they said there had been issues emails will be recvd in Due Course 🤦🏼*♀️

They told me they were sent yesterday, I didn’t have mine and she said she would get them to call me. I got one withled call whilst I driving so couldn’t answer and nothing since. I’m up the wall :/ meant to start on Monday and litterally know nothing
They told me they were sent yesterday, I didn’t have mine and she said she would get them to call me. I got one withled call whilst I driving so couldn’t answer and nothing since. I’m up the wall :/ meant to start on Monday and litterally know nothing

Madness isnt it. I dont understand why they haven't contacted people. Well atleast I'm not the only one without a clue of what's going on
Madness isnt it. I dont understand why they haven't contacted people. Well atleast I'm not the only one without a clue of what's going on

Yeah I feel a bit better others are in the same boat like! Will u let me know ASAP if you get a email and il let you if I do!!? If you don’t get one what the hell are u gona do Monday morn? Haha
Yeah I feel a bit better others are in the same boat like! Will u let me know ASAP if you get a email and il let you if I do!!? If you don’t get one what the hell are u gona do Monday morn? Haha

I've just got the email at 15.32pm
It was in the spam folder keep checking x
Can anyone advise me how long from recieving the email with NSD, pensions, health questionnaires etc it took to actually start or recieve a start date? :frown: It took over three months just to have these come through. Apparently now it is pre-employment checks, is this going to take another few months, and then more months after that to hear when I’ll start? I really didn’t anticipate it all taking this long :frown:

I returned all the forms ASAP, it’s coming up to 4 months since I got my provisional offer and I’m so fed up of being kept in the dark and not having a clue what’s going on or when I’ll start. Has anyone had any luck with contacting anyone who actually seems to be able to provide info/reassurance?
Hi, I got my offer 1st feb and my start date is 8th October
Original post by Kellyj158
Hi, I got my offer 1st feb and my start date is 8th October

How have you coped waiting so long?! Feel like I’m losing my mind! Never dealt with such a long process before and not had a clue what’s been going on :s-smilie:
Original post by 123-hbl
Can anyone advise me how long from recieving the email with NSD, pensions, health questionnaires etc it took to actually start or recieve a start date? :frown: It took over three months just to have these come through. Apparently now it is pre-employment checks, is this going to take another few months, and then more months after that to hear when I’ll start? I really didn’t anticipate it all taking this long :frown:

I returned all the forms ASAP, it’s coming up to 4 months since I got my provisional offer and I’m so fed up of being kept in the dark and not having a clue what’s going on or when I’ll start. Has anyone had any luck with contacting anyone who actually seems to be able to provide info/reassurance?

I completed mine in Jan.... I got my start date in august .... starting officially 1st October
I completed mine in Jan.... I got my start date in august .... starting officially 1st October

It seems so long :frown: I’m half tempted to start looking for a new job as I just can’t wait this long... it’s so frustrating as I was so excited about this job but just didn’t expect things to move this slowly
Original post by 123-hbl
It seems so long :frown: I’m half tempted to start looking for a new job as I just can’t wait this long... it’s so frustrating as I was so excited about this job but just didn’t expect things to move this slowly

Yeah ive applied for other jobs aswell it is a long time to wait
Hi all. Been following this thread recently as I'm in a similar boat to a few others now. I applied in May (2018), interviewed in June, prov offer end of June, filled everything in and sent it all back. Didn't hear anything for about 6 weeks, sent off my CTC, received my CTC back last fri (successful). So believe I'm just waiting now for a formal offer/ start date.

It's seemed a long wait, but a lot seem to have waited longer so can't complain! Although, when I applied the job ad said starting not likely until end of 2018 or start of 2019, and they said the same after interview. Were others told differently then because it appears most are shocked by the long wait? Most of the jobs are Brexit related anyway so surely that gave an indication as to a wait?
Original post by tlostitch
Hi all. Been following this thread recently as I'm in a similar boat to a few others now. I applied in May (2018), interviewed in June, prov offer end of June, filled everything in and sent it all back. Didn't hear anything for about 6 weeks, sent off my CTC, received my CTC back last fri (successful). So believe I'm just waiting now for a formal offer/ start date.

It's seemed a long wait, but a lot seem to have waited longer so can't complain! Although, when I applied the job ad said starting not likely until end of 2018 or start of 2019, and they said the same after interview. Were others told differently then because it appears most are shocked by the long wait? Most of the jobs are Brexit related anyway so surely that gave an indication as to a wait?

I was interviewed in June and recieved my offer about a week after the interview. I was told at the interview they expected everyone in place by September! So came as a bit of a shock finding this thread and seeing it actually takes from 8 months to a year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending