babylily
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've had a very strange relationship with God. When I was younger I believed in him, I remember praying from the age of like 5 years old, but when I was about 9 my views completely changed. I have said I was an atheist most of my life and it hasn't really changed until now. For some reason despite my years of not believing in God and saying he isn't real, I feel like he is real. Its like I can feel the presence of a God. I don't know why my views have changed, its confusing me. I have no proof a God is there, but theres no proof a God is not there. I'm not a christian as I don't follow their beliefs, but can I think a God is there? Am I agnostic rather than atheist. This is so confusing..
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by babylily)
I've had a very strange relationship with God. When I was younger I believed in him, I remember praying from the age of like 5 years old, but when I was about 9 my views completely changed. I have said I was an atheist most of my life and it hasn't really changed until now. For some reason despite my years of not believing in God and saying he isn't real, I feel like he is real. Its like I can feel the presence of a God. I don't know why my views have changed, its confusing me. I have no proof a God is there, but theres no proof a God is not there. I'm not a christian as I don't follow their beliefs, but can I think a God is there? Am I agnostic rather than atheist. This is so confusing..
I often say that this feeling is self-imposed, and is rather a placebo effect resultant from a still-present belief in a God.
h3rmit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just a nitpick, but your state of agnosticism/gnosticism is independent of your stance on theism/atheism.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
\sqrt{-1}

I feel like he is real
How do you know that this feeling is to be trusted?

but theres no proof a God is not there.
There is, however, proof that apostrophes exist.

Do you believe in invisible yellow unicorns?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (431)
58.64%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.44%
No- I want it (214)
29.12%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.8%

Watched Threads

Latest