The Student Room Group

Top 5 reasons Brexit will be GREAT!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naveed-7
What do you mean lack of logic? Please read it again.

People like you said on 23rd of June that the lower pound of value will ruin us badly. Ever since then, nothing has happened and the pound has also been recovering. Toyota has also invested £300 million on a new centre.

I think you should go read a few politics books that were not written by extremists.

Yeah, sure, the pound has been recovering, that is why it is at the lowest value I have ever seen it be :rolleyes: You may not feel the effects immediately, but the effects will become apparent very soon. Give it five years and you bet things will not be as good as they were when the UK was in the EU.

And what relevance does Toyota have? They are a Japanese company, you know?

Fine, I will humour you and point out every single thing that was wrong with that post.

That bold writing says it all. No-wonder you support remain. Thats because deep down, you have the interest of you and your own EU people/Romanian,etc at heart rather than the interests and standard of living of the British people of UK.

Everyone matters in the UK and everyone should deserve an opportunity to succeed in UK. People in UK are struggling to reach such opportunities due to lack of free trade and the nasty membership of EU. Membership of EU does not create a country that works for everyone. It creates a country only for the priviliged.

Having Brexit and free trade will create opportunities for everyone. Stop pretending like EU membership is working for everyone in the UK, because it is not.

First of all, you are accusing me of being self-absorbed, selfish, nationalistic, and downright malevolent when it comes to the UK. Let me assure you I am none of these things. My decision to support Bremain was made purely on logical and objective reasoning as I realise the impact leaving the EU will have on the UK. Keep in mind I lived in the UK at that time and was already planning to go to university there, so I could not afford to make a decision that would benefit Romania rather than the UK since even from a selfish perspective, that was not the country that would affect me in the next few years. Stop assuming you know a person's motives to do something when you cannot even guess them right.

'Everyone matters in the UK and everyone should deserve an opportunity to succeed in UK.' - The only thing I agree with.

People in the UK are struggling for opportunities? Dude, have you ever read anything about life opportunities in the poorest African countries or in countries less developed than the UK? I have lived in Romania too, and trust me, British people have so many opportunities that it is surreal. When I started school in the UK, I was so excited because I could finally do all the extracurriculars I wanted since they EXISTED! Let me start with the basics: opportunities for students, since on TSR, most of us are students. Choosing your own subjects, being a student Ambassador, school clubs, the NCS, summer schools, work experience with MP/law firm/hospital/etc... None of these exist in Romania. Getting a part-time job or volunteering as a student is almost impossible too. Everything I listed is free except for the NCS, as well. There you go: some opportunities for students in the UK, which can help them advance in life.

In the UK, no matter in what social class someone is born, they can progress and reach their goals in life. With hard work, you can go to a world-class university without leaving behind your family and friends and having to learn another language and adapt to another culture. You can get any degree (and even model your own, such as Biology and History) with your tuition fee loan and you do not have to pay back anything until you earn over 21000 pounds a year. Not to mention the maintenance loan, which often covers the person's accommodation costs too. Meanwhile, in Romania, no joint honours degrees exist, a lot of languages and other subjects are not offered by universities, only the best students do not have to pay for university (which costs so much that affording it is a financial nightmare), and there is no such thing as a maintenance loan.

Your argument that membership of the EU limited opportunities for Britons is invalid. Membership of the EU created more jobs and allowed a free travel of workforce, thus resulting in cheaper workers as well. More jobs mean that the unemployment rate of the UK fell in the process. Yes, there was some expansion of huge brands (which obviously made their owner a multimillionaire), but those brands created more jobs as they grew.

In the UK, get any job and you will afford to live. When I moved to the UK, I was shocked that every single job had a livable wage without making compromises and borrowing money from the bank. Sure, low-paying jobs did not have any room for luxury, but they are quite easily livable. Outside the UK and developed countries, you might have difficulty coping with day by day demands even with a high salary. The job market in the UK is also wide and welcoming to almost every single degree. I just looked up jobs suited to my future degree in both the UK and Romania and guess what? The capital of Romania has zero at the moment, which cannot be said for the UK.

And you say British people are struggling for opportunities? Go to a smaller country like Zimbabwe and you will see a real struggle for opportunities there.

Free trade is EXACTLY what the EU is for, so I do not know what you are talking about.

Setting aside opportunities and free trade, I suggest we take a look at the political and economic aspect of the UK's membership of the EU and Brexit. The EU is indeed a trade union, but it also guarantees protection from attackers within the EU almost perfectly. Think about it: Why would you attack a country that you are trading with and getting good deals from? There is no reason to do that. As such, membership of the EU provided the UK with a certain degree of safety from the other members of the EU. The UN can offer this security, but in the end, the UN can only apply financial fines and military intervention in a worst case scenario. Having to pay a few million pounds to the UN now has nowhere near as huge an impact as losing an important trade partner. In consequence, the EU was a good protector of the UK's safety.

Moving on to economics. 40% of the UK's economy comes from trading with the EU, if I recall correctly. The UK cannot recover the percentage loss after Brexit no matter with whom they trade. The EU members have no reason to keep the same prices for the UK if the UK leaves the EU (which it did). This will definitely result in an increase of prices in general eventually because NOT increasing any prices would subjugate the authority of the EU and the usefulness of an EU membership. If other EU countries do not become harsher in their trade policy with the UK or at least ask for more money than they would for other EU members, that would make their EU membership completely useless. Why be part of the EU when you can get everything at the same price without obeying EU law, after all?

Besides, trading under the guidelines prescribed by the EU is easier than having to arrange trade deals privately.

I believe the UK's expectations of the EU once they leave are unrealistic. Yeah, sure, you bet the EU will listen to you like you are their God or something. No, the EU is stronger together than the UK, so the UK will not get their way. This signifies that the aftereffect would be negative for the UK.

Overall, there is no reason to believe that the UK will improve once they leave the EU. By contrast, everything will get worse.

Please, go read some real politics books and educate yourself on the matter rather than sputtering such nonsense. I studied politics and will study international relations, so I am required to know all of this, but any human, especially someone who argues so adamantly for Brexit, should inform themselves first.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Michiyo

'Everyone matters in the UK and everyone should deserve an opportunity to succeed in UK.' - The only thing I agree with.

People in the UK are struggling for opportunities? Dude, have you ever read anything about life opportunities in the poorest African countries or in countries less developed than the UK? I have lived in Romania too, and trust me, British people have so many opportunities that it is surreal. When I started school in the UK, I was so excited because I could finally do all the extracurriculars I wanted since they EXISTED! Let me start with the basics: opportunities for students, since on TSR, most of us are students. Choosing your own subjects, being a student Ambassador, school clubs, the NCS, summer schools, work experience with MP/law firm/hospital/etc... None of these exist in Romania.

In the UK, no matter in what social class someone is born, they can progress and reach their goals in life. With hard work, you can go to a world-class university without leaving behind your family and friends and having to learn another language and adapt to another culture. You can get any degree (and even model your own, such as Biology and History) with your tuition fee loan and you do not have to pay back anything until you earn over 21000 pounds a year. Not to mention the maintenance loan, which often covers the person's accommodation costs too.

You are wrong. You have most likely been living in University than experiencing what the average working class go through.

This is NOT Romania. This is United Kingdom. We don't want to have a bit of wage for us to just live, and we do not wish to be a part of a union and lower our expectations of career success and opportunities. We want good standard of living and good opportunities for everyone, whether they are Uni students or not.

Writing about University opportunities, stupid loans and government cash is not good for the youth in the long run. Those loans will eventually run out, and what happens when they leave University? Are they all guaranteed a job? Are they all guaranteed a job??

These opportunities are getting very hard to get.

Employers out there are also getting more strict and difficult when they start recruiting and interviewing candidates. This is due to the increasing unemployed people and so many candidates applying. This leads to employers getting more demanding and stricter. Basically, - competition for jobs is on the increase.
Additionally, there are also less opportunities for the youth. We cant create such opportunities because we are not allowed to trade with the rest of the world. We are being controlled by Brussels, and this is very very bad, And we do NOT like that.
I have also applied to many jobs (Entry level, Customer service, Business administration, retail, etc), I rarely get a reply. If I do, its after a long time due to such high competition. Plus the lack of opportunities due to lack of trading with the rest of the world. Employers are getting VERY picky, they can choose from 300+ candidates and they reject a person in a second. You seem to ignore these type of situations which are going on around the UK.
Because of this, you are ignorant.

You are disconnected from the ordinary citizens of UK and you think it's easy for them. The truth is it's not. They have to apply for 300+ jobs before getting one. Stop pretending it's easy for them and stop being ignorant.
(edited 7 years ago)
dui bu qi wo de ying wen bu hao I dun underrstan what is this brexit
Bump, :smile:

Please don't tag me in again, thanks.
You are wrong. You have most likely been living in University than experiencing what the average working class go through.

This is NOT Romania. This is United Kingdom. We don't want to have a bit of wage for us to just live, and we do not wish to be a part of a union and lower our expectations of career success and opportunities. We want good standard of living and good opportunities for everyone, whether they are Uni students or not.

Writing about University opportunities, stupid loans and government cash is not good for the youth in the long run. Those loans will eventually run out, and what happens when they leave University? Are they all guaranteed a job? Are they all guaranteed a job??

These opportunities are getting very hard to get.

Employers out there are also getting more strict and difficult when they start recruiting and interviewing candidates. This is due to the increasing unemployed people and so many candidates applying. This leads to employers getting more demanding and stricter. Basically, - competition for jobs is on the increase.
Additionally, there are also less opportunities for the youth. We cant create such opportunities because we are not allowed to trade with the rest of the world. We are being controlled by Brussels, and this is very very bad, And we do NOT like that.
I have also applied to many jobs (Entry level, Customer service, Business administration, retail, etc), I rarely get a reply. If I do, its after a long time due to such high competition. Plus the lack of opportunities due to lack of trading with the rest of the world. Employers are getting VERY picky, they can choose from 300+ candidates and they reject a person in a second. You seem to ignore these type of situations which are going on around the UK.
Because of this, you are ignorant.

You are disconnected from the ordinary citizens of UK and you think it's easy for them. The truth is it's not. They have to apply for 300+ jobs before getting one. Stop pretending it's easy for them and stop being ignorant.

Ignorance is not something that describes me, mate. My academic background already makes me less ignorant in political and economic matters than you. :rolleyes:

Are you kidding me? Right now, you are just making up BS excuses because you know I am right. University life, seriously? My posts all indicate I am in year 13 and going to university in September. And if it is so hard to figure out, just hover over my username and you will see my current study level. Stop assuming things and trying to make up a reason why I am wrong because there are none. Try using some basic logic and observation, too, since judging by how you somehow, by some dark magic, came to the conclusion that I finished university when my posts hint at the opposite, it would help you.

I just proved the UK has a lot of opportunities by comparing it to a smaller country. Your argument makes no sense.

So a single mother raising two children on 15000-16000 pounds a year is not working class? As far as I know, 15000-16000 per annum is working class or lower middle class at best. As such, I definitely qualify to speak about the status of the working class in the UK, as I have experienced it (or something extremely close to it). And guess what? It was actually good! We could afford to pay rent and the bills, I had money to buy myself lunch in school everyday, could go see a film with my friends whenever I wanted to, ate out relatively often, could buy clothes when I needed or wanted to, went on every single school trip, and even ordered takeaway multiple times a month sometimes. It was not luxurious, but it was fine and I could afford certain frivolities sometimes. Keep in mind my mother excels in wasting money and overall making money disappear as soon as she gets paid, so all of these applied without a well-managed budget. (I am a much better budgeter than her and I managed to save up quite a bit.) I have no idea what you mean by 'we do not want just a bit of wage to live on' since even someone with such a salary can live quite nicely if they know how to save up and budget. Are you referring to things like having a lot of money to buy dream cars and going on exotic holidays whenever they want? Because I have no idea what else you could mean other than wanting luxury. Everyone wants to live a life of luxury, so do not act as if it is a UK thing. Besides, since there are plenty of opportunities in the UK, so you can actually get those luxuries if you work hard for them.

Also, I know you do not realise the implications of what you just said, but that bit about the average university life implies that every single university student leads a life that is at least middle class. Basically, you are saying university students cannot be working class, which is false. And so what someone is a university student? That does not mean they are not working class. Once more pointless argument down.

'Good standard of living and good opportunities for everyone, whether they are Uni students or not' - Well, the standard of living in the UK is very good and there are opportunities if you do not have a degree (for example, government-led employment schemes and apprenticeships), so I consider the UK is doing well in these points (meaning that your point is, once again, invalid).

Whether the loans will run out one day or not does not matter because we live in the present time and are/were/will be in university in a time when the student loans are available to everyone. I think writing about loans is good for today's youth so they know that their economic status does not prevent them from going to university and progressing in life. :h: The very working class that you seem to love so much is the one benefitting from student loans most, so quit contradicting yourself. If you want everyone to have the same opportunities and the working class not to be limited by being born working class, you must be pro-student loans.

No one is guaranteed a job, but they have plenty of opportunities to increase their employability.

Oh, God, are you one of those 'immigrants steal our jobs' people? Because let me tell you they are not stealing anyone's jobs. I would much rather employ a doctor with 10 years of experience than a fresh Medicine graduate, whether the doctor is an immigrant or not.

Duh, of course jobs are competitive. EVERY job is competitive nowadays. Yet, you speak as if only Britons have to apply to over 300 jobs occasionally (and most of them get responses after applying for waaaay less jobs than that). That is by far not true when you compare the population of the UK to the amount of jobs they apply to before getting a job.

There are less opportunities for today's youth? Did you read anything I wrote? Please read it again and you should realise there are a lot of opportunities if you look for them. The fact that you cannot be bothered to look for opportunities and do not even see an opportunity when it hits you in the face (and then deny the existence of opportunities when someone outright tells you what opportunities there are) makes you undeserving of them in the first place.

Have you thought about why you get so few responses? Maybe you are applying for graduate jobs without a university degree, have no relevant experience (or even volunteering), do not tailor your CV to the job at hand, do not meet all their criteria or there is simply someone better than you applying? There will always be people better than us, so we must improve ourselves to be the best we can.

World news here, Brussels DOES NOT control you. If it did, there would have been no Brexit or Bremain referendum. :rolleyes:

'We are not allowed to trade with the rest of the world' - Do you even know what the EU is? Have you ever read any EU law? The EU does not restrict the UK from trading with countries outside of the EU. The most prominent thing it does is make trade with other EU members easier.

I cannot claim getting a job in the UK is extremely easy, but it sure is easier in most cases.

No, they do not have to apply for 300+ jobs; stop generalising. Tell me of all the people who applied to 300+ jobs before getting one that you know and tell me what their qualifications and work experience were. I bet you can count them on one hand or two. Raise your hand if you got a job without applying for 300+ jobs! *raises a hand for me, one for my mother, and one for my sister*

Given all of these, how dare you call ME ignorant? It is so obvious that you are the ignorant one here that it is painful. Not going to lie, I am sure you are a troll now because there is no way people like the persona you are portraying exist. I cannot wrap my mind around how can someone be like this for real.

*You* need to stop being ignorant. And to stop not making sense, in general.

Honestly tempted to put you on ignore right now because your arguments are 100% BS and 0% logic. First time I would use that option in my entire life.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ignorance is not something that describes me, mate. My academic background already makes me less ignorant in political and economic matters than you. :rolleyes:

I have nothing against your academic background. But most university students lack the awareness and do not experience what full time British workers are going through. Most University students live on student finanace and are not experiencing 10 hour shifts, job competition, low wages, bad treatment, etc. Do not put university students in the same category as full time, 10 hour shift, British working class people.

I just proved the UK has a lot of opportunities by comparing it to a smaller country. Your argument makes no sense.

You are ignorant. I could compare UK to Malawi, right? Malawi has super low wages (£2-£2.50 an hour) maybe?
Because it's tougher in Malawai than it is in the UK, I guess it's ok to have a low minimum wage (-£6) in the UK right? Because it's tougher in Malawi, I guess it's ok for British citizens to also have lower standard of living than normal, right? Because there are low quality jobs in Malawi, I guess it's ok to have low quality jobs in the UK too, right?

^^^ That is an example of your logic when you say you are comparing UK to a smaller+poorer country, and It's not sensible at all .

I have no idea what you mean by 'we do not want just a bit of wage to live on' since even someone with such a salary can live quite nicely if they know how to save up and budget. Are you referring to things like having a lot of money to buy dream cars and going on exotic holidays whenever they want? Because I have no idea what else you could mean other than wanting luxury. Everyone wants to live a life of luxury, so do not act as if it is a UK thing. Besides, since there are plenty of opportunities in the UK, so you can actually get those luxuries if you work hard for them.

Yes I am referring to a high quality life such as nice cars. Thats the problem with people like you. You ignore the growing gap between the rich and poor, and instead cover it by saying "work hard", "work harder".

Basically, you are saying university students cannot be working class, which is false. And so what someone is a university student? That does not mean they are not working class. Once more pointless argument down.

You are wrong. Majority of full time University students do not experience what the working class of Britain go through. University students are not working 10 hour shifts, experiencing low wages, experiencing job competition, and are not experiencing the job difficulties of the working class. University students are mostly living off student finance. How can you put them in the same category as ordinary (10 hour shift) British workers who are not at University? Another pointless argument of yours down.

'Good standard of living and good opportunities for everyone, whether they are Uni students or not' - Well, the standard of living in the UK is very good and there are opportunities if you do not have a degree (for example, government-led employment schemes and apprenticeships), so I consider the UK is doing well in these points (meaning that your point is, once again, invalid).

The problem is that even apprenticeship employers are now getting picky.

World news here, Brussels DOES NOT control you. If it did, there would have been no Brexit or Bremain referendum. :rolleyes:

I did not say EU controls us. I said that it controls our laws, borders and restricts our free trade.
I can't wait to ditch EU goods that meet health and product quality regulations in favour of *****y US and Chinese goods. Yay! Trade deals!

I can't wait to have my rights to live, work and study in any other EU country removed. Having less freedom is always a lovely thing.
Original post by SHallowvale
I can't wait to ditch EU goods that meet health and product quality regulations in favour of *****y US and Chinese goods. Yay! Trade deals!

I can't wait to have my rights to live, work and study in any other EU country removed. Having less freedom is always a lovely thing.

We're a great country, arent we?!

Why are you so miserable?

What is wrong with running our own country? :

[video="youtube;3tIxKONNzEA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tIxKONNzEA[/video]

50 years the establishment have been lying to us, and now we are taking back control.
We're a great country, arent we?!

Why are you so miserable?

What is wrong with running our own country? :

[video="youtube;3tIxKONNzEA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tIxKONNzEA[/video]

50 years the establishment have been lying to us, and now we are taking back control.

All of this is completely irrelevant to the argument(s) in your OP that I had replied to.

Learn to argue, Jesus.
Original post by SHallowvale
All of this is completely irrelevant to the argument(s) in your OP that I had replied to.

Learn to argue, Jesus.

Arguing gets us no where. Especially when there is a remainer who is ignorant and does not accept that his views are completely wrong.
Arguing gets us no where. Especially when there is a remainer who is ignorant and does not accept that his views are completely wrong.

> You made the argument that Brexit will be great based on five reasons.
> I picked two of those reasons and said why I don't think that they will be good.
> You respond with ''Don't you love this country?'' which is meaningless ********.
Brexit MAY be good if we do the following- none of which I think will be politically feasible even if ukip manages to resurect itself

1: we cut Tarriffs
2: we significantly lower immigration which is the whole point of brexit- The brexiters have backtracked hugely on this because they have encountered reality.
3: we get a good speedy deal with Trump and other countries
4: we look to the long term, brexit will not be kind to the bulk of Leave voters- e.g. Wales receives huge subsidies from
The EU which will not be paid by Westminster.

As for your points

Money- as others have noted even if we have no deal what happens if the WTO rules that we need to pay off our debts to the EU first? We will probably pay a significant transition sum for continued privileged access. Brexit will also cost a small fortune to carry out interns if lawyers, renegotiating trade deals.

Laws- another largely bogus claim. We will be keeping the vast majority of the laws. Further decisions will be taken without us. As Helsetinre rightly points out this will not be enhancing British sovereignty

Control- I think Theresa May is probably the best leader we could hope for right now. And she is deciseivley mediocre. We have no opposition and Ukip is rightly on the trash heap of history.

Immigration- as above. I think we need to make this a priority but we need to. E aware of the facts- minister in agriculture wil be bringing in seasonal migrants to work the fields and businesses are continuously complaining of skill shortages. We need to come up with a realistic answer to this that the Leavers have not bothered to address.

Before I am accused of being pessimistic I think Britain will of course survive and even make a success out of doing it. However we need to be serious about the issues and not adopt the clown like mentality of messrs Farage and Co.
(edited 7 years ago)
What a special time that we are about to witness

[video="youtube;tN9EC3Gy6Nk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN9EC3Gy6Nk[/video]
@Davij038

"Brexit MAY be good if we do the following- none of which I think will be politically feasible even if ukip manages to resurect itself

1: we cut Tarriffs
2: we significantly lower immigration which is the whole point of brexit- The brexiters have backtracked hugely on this because they have encountered reality.
3: we get a good speedy deal with Trump and other countries
4: we look to the long term, brexit will not be kind to the bulk of Leave voters- e.g. Wales receives huge subsidies from
The EU which will not be paid by Westminster.

As for your points

Money- as others have noted even if we have no deal what happens if the WTO rules that we need to pay off our debts to the EU first? We will probably pay a significant transition sum for continued privileged access. Brexit will also cost a small fortune to carry out interns if lawyers, renegotiating trade deals.

That is just speculation. Your think that it will be more difficult than it will be. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to get through Brexit in a financially strong manner. You are just spreading doubt and speculation.

Laws- another largely bogus claim. We will be keeping the vast majority of the laws. Further decisions will be taken without us. As Helsetinre rightly points out this will not be enhancing British sovereignty

Our government will be allowed to change these laws and remove some. Stop spreading doubt, disbelief and speculation.

Control- I think Theresa May is probably the best leader we could hope for right now.

I agree.

Immigration- as above. I think we need to make this a priority but we need to. E aware of the facts- minister in agriculture wil be bringing in seasonal migrants to work the fields and businesses are continuously complaining of skill shortages. We need to come up with a realistic answer to this that the Leavers have not bothered to address.

Before I am accused of being pessimistic I think Britain will of course survive and even make a success out of doing it. However we need to be serious about the issues and not adopt the clown like mentality of messrs Farage and Co"

Right, I've commented on your previous statements.
What's your problem with Nigel Farage and UKIP? What is your problem with them? Farage and UKIP both support independence from EU and have strongly supported Brexit.
You've just previously admitted that Brexit may be good, and now you're criticising the people who strongly support it? You're criticising Nigel Farage and UKIP? That's your lack of logic and accuracy.
(edited 7 years ago)
@Naveed-7

Why would the EU base its financial centre in a country which is no longer a member?

I am not spreainh anything than pointing out what should be obvious. As I said most laws will be willingly kept by the UK.

I haven't admitted anything- I always said there may be benefits to leaving but that the cost would be more so. I still hold that point of view. The only thing that has changed is that thee is a mandate to leave the EU which should be acted on.

I deplore hypocrisy and Farage is a massive one- e.g. Deploring Obama for interfering in U.K. affairs before going to the US to suppprt Trump as well as numerous other examples.

Ukip- they're kind of like the corbynites of the right - have a very warped worldview and tend to think that the EU is a greater evil than Putinist Russia. Prone to conspiracy theories and have a cult like worship of the Supreme Leader. Incompetence. An absence of personal responsibility as well as simplistic jingoism dressed up as patriotism. I could go on. I say this despite agreeing with a number of their policies e.g on foreign aid.
Original post by Davij038
@Naveed-7
Why would the EU base its financial centre in a country which is no longer a member?

I am not spreainh anything than pointing out what should be obvious. As I said most laws will be willingly kept by the UK.

I haven't admitted anything- I always said there may be benefits to leaving but that the cost would be more so. I still hold that point of view. The only thing that has changed is that thee is a mandate to leave the EU which should be acted on.

I deplore hypocrisy and Farage is a massive one- e.g. Deploring Obama for interfering in U.K. affairs before going to the US to suppprt Trump as well as numerous other examples.

Ukip- they're kind of like the corbynites of the right - have a very warped worldview and tend to think that the EU is a greater evil than Putinist Russia. Prone to conspiracy theories and have a cult like worship of the Supreme Leader. Incompetence. An absence of personal responsibility as well as simplistic jingoism dressed up as patriotism. I could go on. I say this despite agreeing with a number of their policies e.g on foreign aid.

"As I said most laws will be willingly kept by the UK."
If it's worker's rights or important environmental protection, yes. But the eurocrats have amassed 30 years of red tape strangling small and medium businesses. We need to cut these to get back investment and real competition between businesses.

"I always said there may be benefits to leaving but that the cost would be more so"
You were wrong (along with every economic forecaster about a severe aftershock. Why not wait and give Britain a chance.

"I deplore hypocrisy and Farage is a massive one- e.g. Deploring Obama for interfering in U.K. affairs before going to the US to suppprt Trump "
Lol that's true. But Obama's threats have been reversed by Trump and Farage isn't quite POTUS
I am predicting many remoaners will comment on this thread
Reply 57
Although there are benefits by leaving the EU, there still lies the uncertainty over what triggering Article 50 will be like given that no country has ever triggered it and what the 2 year negotiations will be like. Having said that, the Tory government had made tough decisions over the Budget to keep the British economy stable during these tough few years to come as we go ahead with Brexit and I hope this ends well for us all.
@james813

I have yet to be proved wrong: we have yet to leave the single market. I will gladly admit my mistake if it turns out to be wonderful.
Thanks for tagging me!!:smile:

Quick Reply