The Student Room Group

Need a pair of REALLY comfortable shoes

Everytime I go on a city break the soles of my feet hurt loads from all the walking. I'm pretty sure I have plantar fasciitis from going somewhere 5 weeks ago as my feet are still really painful. I need a pair of really comfy shoes I can wear when I'll be doing a lot of walking. That is the main criteria. I wear shorts a lot so something that wouldn't look weird with shorts would be good and also doesn't cost a ridiculous amount (preferably under $120).

I live in the US so need something I could buy over here, so a global brand. I am a US men's 11.

Right now I mostly wear Nike SB Dunk skateboarding shoes. Which are comfy but not quite enough.

Please help! My feet hurt so much. :colondollar:
Original post by Sabertooth
Everytime I go on a city break the soles of my feet hurt loads from all the walking. I'm pretty sure I have plantar fasciitis from going somewhere 5 weeks ago as my feet are still really painful. I need a pair of really comfy shoes I can wear when I'll be doing a lot of walking. That is the main criteria. I wear shorts a lot so something that wouldn't look weird with shorts would be good and also doesn't cost a ridiculous amount (preferably under $120).

I live in the US so need something I could buy over here, so a global brand. I am a US men's 11.

Right now I mostly wear Nike SB Dunk skateboarding shoes. Which are comfy but not quite enough.

Walking shoes? You can get ones that look like trainers or ones that look like shoes. I currently wear a ladies version of these
I normally wear somehting along the lines of these. :smile: And buy when I find ones I like in the sale (the only good thing about being a ladies size 8- always loads in the sales). :tongue:

https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/footwear/walking-shoes/womens-hiking-shoes/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3

Walk more, toughen your feet up, and get some real army boots. Those things are made to be walked in all day, and while they take a little breaking in they're very comfortable, you can wear them practically all year round, and they last pretty much forever if you look after them. And I've worn them with shorts, would probably feel more weird than it looks.

Then again if you're in the US I don't know what quality they'd be.
Reply 4
Original post by Tootles
Walk more, toughen your feet up, and get some real army boots. Those things are made to be walked in all day, and while they take a little breaking in they're very comfortable, you can wear them practically all year round, and they last pretty much forever if you look after them. And I've worn them with shorts, would probably feel more weird than it looks.

Then again if you're in the US I don't know what quality they'd be.

I have a pair of meindl desert fox boots but my soles start to hurt after a couple of hours. If I couldn't find anything I was thinking of getting insoles. The other problem with those is that I live in the South and 35C days are not uncommon.

I would like light weight if possible. @sherbet_lemons7 and @Tiger Rag how heavy are walking shoes? I've never owed a pair. Do you recommend any brand in particular?
You should try Sketchers
I have a pair of meindl desert fox boots but my soles start to hurt after a couple of hours. If I couldn't find anything I was thinking of getting insoles. The other problem with those is that I live in the South and 35C days are not uncommon.

I would like light weight if possible. @sherbet_lemons7 and @Tiger Rag how heavy are walking shoes? I've never owed a pair. Do you recommend any brand in particular?

The ones I've had have been really light. :smile: I don't go for particular brands, but the comfiest pair I've ever had were a pair of Mountain Warehouse's own brand ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending