The Student Room Group

Applied ICT Unit 7 2017 6957/01

What does everybody think of the 2017 Pre-Release? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr.IT
What does everybody think of the 2017 Pre-Release? :smile:

I think it might just be the final nail in the coffin.
The Thread is lit today
Hey, any ideas on what we have to do??
I think that this Kennel is really a front for a Chinese takeaways supplier.
Reply 5
How do you guys think the supplies will work??
Original post by Gibbo55
How do you guys think the supplies will work??

Not too sure to be honest. Haven't really gone over it well in lesson so far. I assume there'll be forms and will need to connect different tables to match customer wishes to what the kennels can offer? Any ideas yourself?
Original post by kieranm9090
My teachers along with several other teachers in and around the UK have built a mock up of what could possibly be the solution to the exam, however obviously it is only a guess as always and only using what we have got with the scenario.

We think at the moment that there will be two stand-alone tables that will be there for the operation of forms. An Employee table and Supplies table. We think that the supplied table could be there for an operation to occur to print/create a report for the employee's to then state what supplies they are low on, and hinting to order more. We think that the employee table will be there to login as always, but to notify in the login process the roles of the employee, whether an admin or 'other' (we will call it that for now), and so the admin can add a new employee and possibly order, but we think that it is a possibility that we have one employee ordering many supplies in a sense that all the employees can order, and so we would be able to link them two tables.

This is just a guess but it's pretty good.

We also think that the other tables can be;
Owner,
Dog,
Package,
Activities,
Visits.

They will all link together with 'one to many' relationships with one owner owning many dogs etc.

That is what we have so far, we so far have gone through the possible tables and what to do to add a new employee with a unique username with a number or variables simply using a query.

Thank you for this! What you are saying makes perfect sense! :biggrin: I will look into this tomorrow when I have ICT :smile:
Reply 8
Can someone please attach or pm me a copy of the pre-release?
No problem haha, I think it is pretty much exactly what is going to happen as lets be honest. The course has been going for 8 years I think? With it being the last exam of this spec, they don't have much room to change, and so implementing ideas from other exams, you can make the full scale exam from the scenario.

The teachers who are giving us this information and helping us through this are also generating data at the moment and will provide it for us after the half term, and so once I receive the data, I will upload it onto here so you can practice with the data generated by the teachers.

(Note to moderators; it is by no means the data from the exam, it is the data that has been generated by our teachers as a guess to what could be on our final exam and for prep purposes only)

Aw thank you so much that will be of immense help to me! Let me know please when it's ready :biggrin:
Will do, might be after the half term, but I will be sure to upload asap

Thank you!! :smile:)
Reply 11
My teachers along with several other teachers in and around the UK have built a mock up of what could possibly be the solution to the exam, however obviously it is only a guess as always and only using what we have got with the scenario.

We think at the moment that there will be two stand-alone tables that will be there for the operation of forms. An Employee table and Supplies table. We think that the supplied table could be there for an operation to occur to print/create a report for the employee's to then state what supplies they are low on, and hinting to order more. We think that the employee table will be there to login as always, but to notify in the login process the roles of the employee, whether an admin or 'other' (we will call it that for now), and so the admin can add a new employee and possibly order, but we think that it is a possibility that we have one employee ordering many supplies in a sense that all the employees can order, and so we would be able to link them two tables.

This is just a guess but it's pretty good.

We also think that the other tables can be;
Owner,
Dog,
Package,
Activities,
Visits.

They will all link together with 'one to many' relationships with one owner owning many dogs etc.

That is what we have so far, we so far have gone through the possible tables and what to do to add a new employee with a unique username with a number or variables simply using a query.

Thanks thats very useful for my unit 3
Reply 12
Thanks guys, this is lit.
Reply 13
Original post by Muhammad IT
The Thread is lit today

Buckle up, it's about to get more so, Literally.
At 10pm tonight I will be putting up the data that has been generated for practice purposes. There is no supplied data but this is gonna be a stand along table so irrelevant at this time. Keep checking around 10 tonight.

(It's also the time I get home 😂)

Splendid! I eagerly await :wink:
Original post by LGBTvoice
Splendid! I eagerly await :wink:

So you get notification
These are the two text files that have been generated. Have fun and get practicing.
The BookingINFO text file has the information of owners, dogs, packages, activities etc, whereas the employee table has...well the employee details.

As I said, this is just a guess and not what might be on the final exam, and so don't quote the data, however it gives an excellent overview of the type of data we will see and you can use queries, tables, macro's, forms and reports to make a mock up of what you might be the actual design. I will get my copy of the database and share it on here tomorrow too, I will be uploading it to show my view of what we have come up with, and hopefully we all agree!

Have fun and let's smash this exam!

(A correction to my last post which was done on my phone, so excuse the mistakes. It is meant to say that there is currently no 'Supplies' data but that is going to be a stand alone table and will simply be there to either connect with the employee table and/or work forms. The employee table will operate a login form, no doubt about it, but possibly others, have a try and see what you think)

Thank you so much for sharing! I'll keep checking back to see what else you come up with. I'll have a play around over the weekend and let anyone know of anything :smile:)
These are the two text files that have been generated. Have fun and get practicing.
The BookingINFO text file has the information of owners, dogs, packages, activities etc, whereas the employee table has...well the employee details.

As I said, this is just a guess and not what might be on the final exam, and so don't quote the data, however it gives an excellent overview of the type of data we will see and you can use queries, tables, macro's, forms and reports to make a mock up of what you might be the actual design. I will get my copy of the database and share it on here tomorrow too, I will be uploading it to show my view of what we have come up with, and hopefully we all agree!

(A correction to my last post which was done on my phone, so excuse the mistakes. It is meant to say that there is currently no 'Supplies' data but that is going to be a stand alone table and will simply be there to either connect with the employee table and/or work forms. The employee table will operate a login form, no doubt about it, but possibly others, have a try and see what you think)

Can you upload your database please mate.

i'll show u a good smashing lmao

Original post by jet399
Can you upload your database please mate.

i'll upload a right good smash m8
(edited 7 years ago)
I've had a play with the data and made the owner and dog table, however I'm confused what to do with regards to the validation and any input masks. The OwnerID also confuses me because of the 6 letters and 4 numbers which obviously needs to change depending on the owner. My relationships are also not working as I can't seem to get one to infinity when I connect the OwnerID from tblOwner to tblDog. Any help anyone can give?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending