The Student Room Group

How safe is Cambridge?

Scroll to see replies

I feel safer walking outside at 2am in Cambridge than at 8pm in my home town :wink:
Original post by snowflakesnow
I am considering applying to Cambridge but how safe is Cambridge? I would like to know how current (or past) Cambridge students feel about the environment there and how safe it is as the safety aspect is making me hesitant about applying to Cambridge, or in fact universities that require me to move out.

It's safe relative to a large city. The centre is fairly compact, and, during term, there will be plenty of people around. College accommodation is typically well secured. Where do you live now?

The most dangerous aspect of Cambridge, IMO, is their insistence on standing on the raised and slippery part of the punt. In Oxford, we understand mechanics :smile:
In terms of where the uni is located, you got nothing to worry about with mainly neeks around you. You won't ever have to go Arbury so its very unlikely you will feel threatened, although if your real Arbury is just as safe if not safer :colone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU80LEwuI3g
If you foreign or a student you will be a target.
Reply 24
Original post by BackToThe90s
If you foreign or a student you will be a target.

Nope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You might see the ghost of Syd Barrett but otherwise it has always seemed a safe place when i have visited.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending