The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Adult nursing 2017/18

Hello! I'm starting adult nursing in September, and was just wondering if there was any others on here who are too? Also what accomadation is best to apply for, for adult nursing, if nurses get put together, and if so where mainly are they based? :smile:
Original post by emilywal
Hello! I'm starting adult nursing in September, and was just wondering if there was any others on here who are too? Also what accomadation is best to apply for, for adult nursing, if nurses get put together, and if so where mainly are they based? :smile:

Hi Emily,

I've just spoken to Accommodation for you and they've said that you can apply to whichever accommodation you like and they will try and group nursing or health care students together. We get nurses applying to all kinds of accommodation, so there will be people in whichever place you choose.

Because students are working with different budgets and requirements, we can't really recommend one location as it depends on each individual. What we can say, though, is that nursing and health care students often want to be as close to the city centre as possible because you will be out on placement a lot and may need access to busses and trains.

All you need to do is express what you want in the notes section of the accommodation application and get the application in as soon as possible.

I hope that's helpful! Laura :smile:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you that really helped! I'm also a bit worried that maybe because I haven't applied for accommodation yet, if its on a first come first serve basis, will there be a possibility that I wont get any of my chosen ones?
Thank you that really helped! I'm also a bit worried that maybe because I haven't applied for accommodation yet, if its on a first come first serve basis, will there be a possibility that I wont get any of my chosen ones?

There's always that possibility but we can't really guarantee what will happen. Get your application in ASAP but no matter where you are, you'll be with people similar to you and in a good distance to the uni and city centre.

:smile: Laura
Reply 4

I'm starting Adult Nursing in September too! I've applied to Charlotte Court, The Forge and Trigon
Reply 5
I'm also starting adult nursing in September and i'm staying at Liberty Hall x
Im studying adult nursing as well! Im staying at Liberty Hall😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending