The Student Room Group

400 Isis fighters in U.K.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/only-14-400-british-isis-9010088.amp

And some people wonder why the likes of Trump etc are winning. These people should be locked up/ deported/ renditioned

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There's nothing we can do.

Only if they killed about 1 million people in a terror attack, then people would be more motivated to care and finally realise there is a problem.
Reply 2
Problem is putting them in jail would lead to further radicalisation. Convicted Criminals are easier and More likely to be radicalised. They need to open special rehabilitation like facilities and be given indefinite sentences - until assessments deem them able to re-enter society.
It should have been made a specific criminal offence immediately and all those who returned arrested at the border.
Reply 4
They need to be jailed for LIFE or shot. They will take more lives and do more harm if they arent.

Absolute terrorists who have taken innocent lives, they are enemies of Islam. They will be punished.
Reply 5
Original post by zayn008
Problem is putting them in jail would lead to further radicalisation. Convicted Criminals are easier and More likely to be radicalised. They need to open special rehabilitation like facilities and be given indefinite sentences - until assessments deem them able to re-enter society.

They've willingly joined Isis how much more radical can they get?!
Reply 6
Original post by Davij038
They've willingly joined Isis how much more radical can they get?!

I meant they could radicalise others so they need to be isolated but with isolation can they be rehabilitated
Reply 7
Original post by zayn008
I meant they could radicalise others so they need to be isolated but with isolation can they be rehabilitated

There's no fool proof way of doing it, and tbh I don't see why it's worth the effort or risk.
Reply 8
There's no fool proof way of doing it, and tbh I don't see why it's worth the effort or risk.

We're still obliged to help under human rights and international treaties/laws. I'm guessing you'd like to see some sort of guantanamo bay, maybe without the torture? The problem is, with permanent sentences comes pressure to release them at some point, after which they can still be radicalised and have even more anger. It's the UK's best interest to indefinitely detainee these people and try to rehabilitate them and keep them under watch after they leave.

So you can't mix them with other criminals since that'd allow them to radicalise others and you can't completely isolate them.
Original post by zayn008

Strip their citizenship away too
Reply 10
Original post by queen-bee
Strip their citizenship away too

We'd still have to detain them
Original post by zayn008
We'd still have to detain them

Definitely
Reply 12
Original post by zayn008
We're still obliged to help under human rights and international treaties/laws. I'm guessing you'd like to see some sort of guantanamo bay, maybe without the torture? The problem is, with permanent sentences comes pressure to release them at some point, after which they can still be radicalised and have even more anger. It's the UK's best interest to indefinitely detainee these people and try to rehabilitate them and keep them under watch after they leave.

So you can't mix them with other criminals since that'd allow them to radicalise others and you can't completely isolate them.

Pretty much what you said, I don't think there'd be much political capital in releasing them and much to lose. Personally I'd let them rot or deport them. Certainly burn their citizenship though.
You need proof they were fighting before you can detain them.
Can we also decriminalise those who go over to anti-isis forces to fight ISIS whilst we are at it?
Sieg Heil - the infidel will be crushed under the regime when it rises
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Can we also decriminalise those who go over to anti-isis forces to fight ISIS whilst we are at it?

I'm pretty sure that is legal already, at least in this country. Not sure if other European countries have the same arrangement though.
Original post by RF_PineMarten
I'm pretty sure that is legal already, at least in this country. Not sure if other European countries have the same arrangement though.

Well I know I can't legally donate to the YPG as far as I know. I have to donate via loop holes :ninja:

It's probably due to the PKK element of those forces fighting ISIS.
Reply 18
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Give them some cash too
Give them some cash too

I already do :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest