Sparkliest
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Recently I have been considering trying to get into post-graduate medicine. I'm not sure if I stand a chance so I was wondering if someone could offer me some advice.

I'm in my second year studying Biology at university and I have chosen mainly human biology and biomedical modules. I've really enjoyed them. I got a first in my first year and even got in the top three of my class for physiology and pathology.

The areas I like in Biology and find almost the most intuitive are the physiology, pathology, endocrinology, etc. I don't enjoy lab work in Biology so I don't want to be a biomedical scientist.

My a-levels are pretty bad compared to the competition out there (A*ABB in psychology, human biology, chemistry, physics). I'm also at an average university (in the top 30).

I know these factors make it very unlikely that I would get onto a graduate medicine course (even if I got an interview I would stumble over my words most probably). I just feel like I need some closure on this if it's not meant to be.

Thank you.
Marathi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Graduate Entry Medicine is an accelerated 4 year course for graduates.

Post-graduate medicine is for med school graduates.

Read this wiki to learn more about GEM and how it can still be a viable option for you to study medicine despite not having the desired emails

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...dicine-a-guide
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (169)
44.13%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
10.97%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.09%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.67%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.74%

Watched Threads