What do the right actually want to do about terrorism?

Watch
treeboy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anytime there's a terrorism attack those on the right say 'see we told you so' 'how long must this go on?' 'wake up you liberal fools'.

What do these people think the solution to terrorism is? Ban immigration from certain countries? Ban the Muslim faith completely from society?

I am just interested to see what they think the solution is.
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally, I'm not primarily looking for a solution, because short-term, there probably isn't one.

What I would be looking for is to move as many people as possible away from the narrative of the left, which seems to be that all terrorism is the fault of the West , and then some vague complaints about Christianity and the Ku Klux Klan. While there are still hundreds of thousands of people that can't even come to terms with the idea that there is an actual problem, we're a million miles from a solution.
Popsiclez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by treeboy)
Anytime there's a terrorism attack those on the right say 'see we told you so' 'how long must this go on?' 'wake up you liberal fools'.

What do these people think the solution to terrorism is? Ban immigration from certain countries? Ban the Muslim faith completely from society?

I am just interested to see what they think the solution is.
Are you a jihalal?
treeboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trinculo)
Personally, I'm not primarily looking for a solution, because short-term, there probably isn't one.

What I would be looking for is to move as many people as possible away from the narrative of the left, which seems to be that all terrorism is the fault of the West , and then some vague complaints about Christianity and the Ku Klux Klan. While there are still hundreds of thousands of people that can't even come to terms with the idea that there is an actual problem, we're a million miles from a solution.
You want people to come out and say there is a problem with islam?
treeboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Popsiclez)
Are you a jihalal?
No mate.
Trinculo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by treeboy)
You want people to come out and say there is a problem with islam?
No, I want people to stop pretending that the root of most terrorist problems is Western foreign policy, Iraq or some other kind of oblique diversion. All these things do is suggest that surrendering to completely unrelated demands (which often aren't even demands) will prevent terrorism.
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Trinculo)

TBH while the narrative that the West is entirely to blame for terrorism in a we-brought-it-upon-ourselves way is bunk, it is just as bunk as the narrative that we're totally at the mercy of the mean middle easteners who just won't leave us good westerners alone. Neither side is blameless. Neither side is really even a "side", it's just an arbitrary division.

Dealing with fanatics is a complex issue, and we can't simply steam-roll over it by trying to ban an entire religion, an entire culture, an entire race or country from our society. Nor can we solve it by bending over backwards to do anything minorities need or want. Silencing the idiots who spout those ideas would go a long way to finding a real solution I think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (97)
39.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.32%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.17%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.2%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads