The Student Room Group

Driving lesson advice.

Hey.
I'm currently doing my driving lessons. I've had around 30 hours, 2 hours a week, which I enjoy. I am a confident driver and my instructor agrees. I passed my theory test last month and thought I'd be advised to think about booking my practical test from my instructor, but I've had nothing.
I know how to do a turn in the road (three point turn) and reversing/reversing around a corner safely and comfortably, but I haven't been taught any form of parking or car checks which I'd need to know for my test.
When I asked him if I'd be passed by September he said I'd be passed way before, I'm moving away in September so it would be ideal to be driving by then.
Has anyone had a similar experience? Do I just need to tell him I want to be taught these skills so I can book my test? Do I find another instructor who can pass me a bit quicker than him?
This is costing a small fortune! Haha.
Thank you!
Original post by shannoncd

Have you actually looked at booking your test? It may be a few weeks (mine was 6) before you're able to get a date. My instructor then had a date to work towards to ensure that I was ready by then which helped. Otherwise you're just drifting along. I think first work out how many hours a week you can do lessons and when you can realistically book for. Then ask your instructor if that is realistic and then book. Good luck!
Reply 2
Book the test! It is in the instructors interest to see you fail/ delay your test so they get more money.
Reply 3
Original post by alleycat393
Have you actually looked at booking your test? It may be a few weeks (mine was 6) before you're able to get a date. My instructor then had a date to work towards to ensure that I was ready by then which helped. Otherwise you're just drifting along. I think first work out how many hours a week you can do lessons and when you can realistically book for. Then ask your instructor if that is realistic and then book. Good luck!

I thought I had to wait for them to tell me to book it, haha silly me! Thank you for this reply :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by shannoncd
I thought I had to wait for them to tell me to book it, haha silly me! Thank you for this reply :smile:

hi are you me?😁i am in the position like you now already done 20 hours 2hours each lesson with more or less what you do the only problem with is choosing which lane to take in the roundabout.i done the reverse in the corner,u turn n other stuff but no park yet.and me too need to move away by the end of the year and want to passed the test before september.i have talk with my instructor about when to book the test and his answer is the same like yours said will let me know when i almost ready.i check the waiting time around my area here is about two month so i just book my test but i am not going to tell him by the time he tell me to book the test i will gave the test date i booked or in case i am not ready for the test by then i would just move the date.😄sorry if i write too long

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending