Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I don't get my results til 11am.. is that normal? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Coz it says in my advisory letter from the college that although some people get them at 9am they prefer to wait til later so they can sort them out properly or something...

I'm just worried that if I get my results later than most of the country and I need to ring up begging for a palce if I've failed, I'll have less of a chance if it's first come first serve. Should I call my uni before I get my results?

ReputationRep:
    no don't- get your results from college first. turn up at ten. they can't refuse to give them to you. say you have a doctors appt at 11 or something. and magically *forget* about it if you need to ring up unis

ReputationRep:
    don't call your uni unless you know you haven't got your results, they'll not have time to answer calls that might turn out to not be needed.

Try and ask your college if you can go in early, it is a bit unfair that they release your results late but its up the to college to decide.

ReputationRep:
    But is it quite likely that the later in the day I end up calling my uni (if I don't get the grades), the less likely they'll accept me?

ReputationRep:
    Yup, that's life.

ReputationRep:
    I might, perhaps unfairly, take it out on the college and make a scene if that happens

ReputationRep:
    Could I though.. call up my uni at half past 9 (coz I really feel like I may have missed the grades but not toooo badly) and say I am unable to get to my college today and appreciate that they are not allowed to give me my results but would they be able to tell me whether they had accepted me?

ReputationRep:
    you could probably just go in early and they'll give them to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AcerBen)
    But is it quite likely that the later in the day I end up calling my uni (if I don't get the grades), the less likely they'll accept me?
    No, the Universities have had the results since Sunday

They will almost certainly have decided already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonas123)
    you could probably just go in early and they'll give them to you.
    exactly. if you're going to need to ring unis they'd rather do it sooner than later. they wanna get people sorted a.s.ap

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think it will make any difference calling them up at 11 to be honest. They have already decided who they are accepting and who they aren't, if they've decided to accept you, they will still at 11am. Thats why they have the results early..

And it is possibly better that people get their results staggered - the phone lines are busy all morning as it is - it would be worse if everyone got them at 9AM and then started ringing after that, it would totally clog things up!

LOADS of colleges don't release results until 11. It's not so late you need to worry about it really. Get there a bit early just in case, but if your college is anything like mine, they won't let you in to get them until it's actually 11.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalsunshine)
    I really don't think it will make any difference calling them up at 11 to be honest. They have already decided who they are accepting and who they aren't, if they've decided to accept you, they will still at 11am. Thats why they have the results early..

And it is possibly better that people get their results staggered - the phone lines are busy all morning as it is - it would be worse if everyone got them at 9AM and then started ringing after that, it would totally clog things up!

LOADS of colleges don't release results until 11. It's not so late you need to worry about it really. Get there a bit early just in case, but if your college is anything like mine, they won't let you in to get them until it's actually 11.
    nah it doesn't make a diffeence. just it's better to be earlier cos you get a headstart if you have to enter clearing (hopefully nobody should have to do this)

ReputationRep:
    As people have pointed out, it's all been decided already, so whether you get results at 9 or 2 in the afternoon doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    er.. im getting mine at 2pm :|

ReputationRep:
    lol :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    er.. im getting mine at 2pm :|
    ouch! bit late on in the day isn't it? you lose valuable celebration/commisseration time there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    ouch! bit late on in the day isn't it? you lose valuable celebration/commisseration time there!

indeed, pubs open at 11.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I don't get mine till 11am either. It's the same for thousands of colleges.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    I don't get mine till 11am either. It's the same for thousands of colleges.
    i get mine at 11am..its normal

what is not normal is that my cousin's college give them results at 2pm!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntegralNeo)
    i get mine at 11am..its normal

what is not normal is that my cousin's college give them results at 2pm!!! :eek:
    Bloody hell...that's a long time to wait. Particularly since most in the country would have received theirs by then.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.