Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I don't get my results til 11am.. is that normal? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    Bloody hell...that's a long time to wait. Particularly since most in the country would have received theirs by then.
    i know

ReputationRep:
    i get mine at 9......id hate to wait till 11!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barbiegirl)
    i get mine at 9......id hate to wait till 11!!!!!!!!!!!
    i would! the suspense would drive me insane!

ReputationRep:
    mines 10.30

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunderstorm)
    mines 10.30
    this time tomorrow i will be waiting outside the pub, waiting for it to open lol. where i will proceed to go in and order copious amounts of tia maria muhahah

ReputationRep:
    look up the UCAS site..at 12 midnight this is what i found:
    19 August: publication of the rest of the UK exam results.
    The Clearing vacancy service for the whole of the UK opens on 19 August 2004 at 00:01 BST

I don't even know when I'm meant to go in to get mine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    look up the UCAS site..at 12 midnight this is what i found:
    19 August: publication of the rest of the UK exam results.
    The Clearing vacancy service for the whole of the UK opens on 19 August 2004 at 00:01 BST
    Yes, clearing opens at midnight. You won't however be able to see your results and\or university decisions until mid-day on thursday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dave134)
    No, the Universities have had the results since Sunday

They will almost certainly have decided already.

If thats the case then surely that mailshot i recieved may not be a coincidence>?

ReputationRep:
    Oh so for people who just miss grades, most universities decide *before* you call them up anyway? I was worried it was just whoever calls up the quickest !

ReputationRep:
    I've mentioned this already but - I get my AS's at 2pm !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    I've mentioned this already but - I get my AS's at 2pm !
    but at least you can lie in (if you can sleep).

ReputationRep:
    OK I'm really starting to panic now lol.

Do clearing forms come on results day? So if the post comes before I set off to college and I find I've got a clearing form, does it mean I've been rejected by both universities?

So the UCAS website will have the first info on clearing up at midnight tonight... I suppose if my 2 universities have places listed for my course it might mean I've been accepted? Mind you if they don't have any it'll probably make me worry unnecessarily lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AcerBen)

Do clearing forms come on results day? So if the post comes before I set off to college and I find I've got a clearing form, does it mean I've been rejected by both universities?

So the UCAS website will have the first info on clearing up at midnight tonight... I suppose if my 2 universities have places listed for my course it might mean I've been accepted? Mind you if they don't have any it'll probably make me worry unnecessarily lol
    you can probably enter clearing online, if thats how you entered ucas in the first place. which means you can go straight into clearing from midnight tonight. of course you may not need to (unless youve not got a firm/insurance for whatever reason)

ReputationRep:

Clearing forms should come on monday I think, but you can ring round before.

What uni/course is it?

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm glad they don't come tomorrow then. It's UEA and Modern Languages I'm desperate to get into

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm glad they don't come tomorrow then. It's UEA and Modern Languages I'm desperate to get into
    According to the UEA clearing website, that course is in clearing. So even if you miss by a grade or so, your chances are probably good.

ReputationRep:
    My understanding of the process was that they have 3 groups of people.
    1) The people who got their offer and have been accepted
    2) The people who missed there offer by miles and are rejected
    3) The people who just missed their offer by one grade. These are the people who can possibly get in by calling up and begging.

Well this is what we were told any way :confused:

ReputationRep:
    OMG thanks for that I didn't even think to check their website! Whoo!

I only need BCC but I'm worried I only got CCC. I suppose it's got to be a good sign if they have places? *calms down a little*

ReputationRep:
    OMG thanks for that I didn't even think to check their website! Whoo!

I only need BCC but I'm worried I only got CCC. I suppose it's got to be a good sign if they have places? *calms down a little*
    yeah, I'm sure they'd rather accept somebody who had it as their firm than somebody who got in through clearing. Good luck

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.