The Student Room Group

how to get a part time job

Hi, I am 24 with autism and never had a girlfriend I have never ever held a girls had or even kissed one. My face is covered in dry spots, my stomach grumbles all the time and I also might need to be circumcised. I want to change my life and stop being jealous over my stepbrother. To start off I'm trying to find a job I have handed my cv into places but they don't get back and the trouble is I don't have money to drive and I live in a small town what could I do

Scroll to see replies

Someone please help
Debenhams
the problem is that there is no Debenhams where I live so where else could I try even morrisons, Sainsbury, aldi and lidle did not get back to me
What else can I do to improve my life
What are you doing? In education, do you have a degree?

Try joining agencies, they are a good bet.

Also search for waiter, picker, packer jobs on totaljobs, there are literally a myriad of those jobs in your area or surrounding areas.

To change your life:

1) Eat healthily-eat 5 serving of fruit a day, drink 8 glasses of water daily.
2) Get plenty of sleep, at least 8 hours
3) Work out at the gym, try the 5*5 workout
4) Have an ambition in life and work for it
5) Work on your confidence: Relax, respect yourself, accept yourself, work out, wear good clothes, feel good, focus on your passions, know you are a good person who treats people well, think positively, be proud of yourself, do things that make you happy, remember your happy times, what makes you confident? What are you proud of? Do you have a skill you are good at?

6) Have hobbies
7) Go out, meet people, join clubs based on your hobbies
8) Enjoy life, love life, relax, be positive, go out there and conquer and people will be attracted to you
i;m at college studying travel & tourism and the problem is i live in Oswestry which is a very small town and the buses stop at 6pm.

as you can see there is nothing https://www.totaljobs.com/jobs/in-oswestry?radius=10 and i've tried indeed as well and handed my CVs into places, i also can only work friday, saturdays because no buses on sunday.

1 and 2 i can do but

3. I have no money
4. My ambition is to find a partner, have a family and be happy
5. Im not good at anything, i am just stupid, i try and treat people well but how can i be proud of mysef when i see myself in the mirror
6. i like going out and trying to explore new places
7. i do a drama group but it has load of disabled people MUCH worse then me and not on my level at all, the only one of my level has been ill for the past two weeks
8. i really try to enjoy life but its very difficult when you look stupid and will probably say the wrong thing if i even try and talk to a female
What do you want to do after college? Go to uni?

The family and partner will come once you're in a good job.

Try to better yourself and aim high. Your ambition can't be to just find a partner and be happy.

Love yourself (treat yourself well, respect yourself, praise yourself, be grateful for life) and be happy within yourself.

You could meet females through joining clubs based on your hobbies, approaching them etc.

Be proud of yourself because you treat people well.
I don't think i would be able to get into Uni, i am crap at maths and 24 years old, I started off at Entry 3 skills for life, then level 1 and now level 2.

I did not get any GCSES when i was younger and am studying level 1 maths which i am appalling at and just passed Level 2 English.
I'll help you with Maths I've done some degree level mathematics modules.

That's good, level 2 English is equivalent to GCSE English.

Focus on your hobbies and furthering yourself in your career.

Like I said, theirs plenty of waiter, kitchen porter, picker, packer jobs around.
ok so I'm not doing as bad as I think then. What about trying to find a partner what do I do about that how do I start talking to females I just get nervous
Just have a conversation with them, ask they what they are up to, what they are planning to do today, what their plans are, what they have got to.

Talk about the weather, ask them about their hobbies, current affairs.
You seem to hate yourself as your other thread.

Look, you have to change the way you eat, go to the gym, do cardio, lift weights and slowly, week by week you'll notice a drastic change.

As 999tigger stated in another thread, you have to offer something to a potential partner, it's best if you work on yourself, sorting yourself out financially, career wise, emotionally (sort yourself out). Start doing things that make you happy, take up a hobby, go to the cinema over the weekend, even if it means by going yourself.

Start being confidence in yourself, be proud of who you are, walk tall and what I've put in post 6.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by footballman123
ok so I'm not doing as bad as I think then. What about trying to find a partner what do I do about that how do I start talking to females I just get nervous

I have learning difficulties :smile: I know it's hard but with girls just try to have a conversation as you would with a friend or close acquaintance. It's hard with maths but just keep trying :smile:
So I'm at the group now. When I go down for break and if I see someone I like what do I do. Do I just chat to them
Just chat to them, smile, be friendly, be relaxed.

What group is it? You could chat about things related to the group.
https://www.indeed.co.uk/jobs?q=&l=Oswestry&radius=10

There seems to be quite a few jobs in your area? try those ones =)
Original post by footballman123
Hi, I am 24 with autism and never had a girlfriend I have never ever held a girls had or even kissed one. My face is covered in dry spots, my stomach grumbles all the time and I also might need to be circumcised. I want to change my life and stop being jealous over my stepbrother. To start off I'm trying to find a job I have handed my cv into places but they don't get back and the trouble is I don't have money to drive and I live in a small town what could I do

Well, try to enter an apprenticeship and don't stop looking for a job.
But more importantly, learn to love yourself, because everyone has flaws :smile:, and it is good to accept them.
Improve your diet, and exfoliate the dry spots and moisturise. What I find really useful is to mix a tablespoon of rice flour and milk, to help with my dry skin, because it works as an exfoliater. .
Exercise is important, but don't tire yourself out too much
Don't be jealous of your step brother. It is in human nature to be jealous, but it increases the negative feelings in our lives and stress, which is not good at all!
Little changes to your lifestyle can produce great results.
Eat properly, carbs are very filling, but eat within moderation!
I hope you don't mind me asking but how many qualifications do you have as well as experience?
Well i have volunteered at a local castle in the past and i also did work experience at a pet shop.

I will tell you where i started, my mum took me out of school when i was 11 because i was being bullied and my dad cheating on my mum so he left. I didn't get any GCSE and my mum met my stepdad and i lived with my grandad for a bit because i hated him, i have had horrible moments in the past, getting angry and shouting and bottling up my feeling. Me and my grandad moved in with my stepdad when i began to like him and we all moved house in june 2013

in September 2013 i started my first proper time at college, i went before in Canterbury but i didn't cope with it, I started off at Entry 3 Skills for Working life, i then passed Entry 3 in English and my Entry 3 in Maths. The next year i studied Level 1 Animal Care, I got my Level 1 in English but failed my maths, the year after at the same college i studied Level 2 Animal Care and passed that course, i failed both my maths and English that year, i decided what i really loved was travel though so i chose to study Level 2 Travel & Tourism and i am getting distinctions and Merits on my assignments and i passed my Level 2 English.
the reason why I am jealous of him through is he has everything I want. A lovely girlfriend, more money than me, being able to drive, being fitter than me and having more things then me. I literally have nothing because in my anger a couple of weeks ago I scratched all of my Dvds and ripped up my Cheryl Cole signed picture and my special travel book. I did it because I felt worthless and since then even more so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending