Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've decided I need to be far more interesting, well really, I need to do something with my time because this holiday I've spent sunbathing and watching old Friends & Sex and the City repeats, and it's getting a bit tedious now. Have been considering pestering my mom into helping me pay towards horse riding lessons, but do you think it's a bit mad to start at the age of 17? Most people seem to start when they're really young and I don't want to be a total misfit! Just wondering if anyone else has been in the same position or anything and what they did?

Also, anything else you guys do that's really cool that might take my mind off the boredom that is summer holidays? Or that's been taking your mind off boredom up until now?

get a job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innercitylife)
    I've decided I need to be far more interesting, well really, I need to do something with my time because this holiday I've spent sunbathing and watching old Friends & Sex and the City repeats, and it's getting a bit tedious now. Have been considering pestering my mom into helping me pay towards horse riding lessons, but do you think it's a bit mad to start at the age of 17? Most people seem to start when they're really young and I don't want to be a total misfit! Just wondering if anyone else has been in the same position or anything and what they did?

Also, anything else you guys do that's really cool that might take my mind off the boredom that is summer holidays? Or that's been taking your mind off boredom up until now?

read a ridiculous amount of books. learn to play a musical instrument by yourself?

ReputationRep:
    My goodness I know the feeling! I just always seem to just sit around doing bugger-all all summer! I now just fill my summers with going out, drinking, working and sleeping. But the odd occaision when I see daylight hours I like to practise my cocktail flairing and a little bit of breakdancing when the weather's nice. You could try something like that. A couple of summers ago I taught myself how to juggle and to programme. Just think of something that you'd really like to be able to do or have seen someone else doing and thought that it would be cool to learn, and go for it! As they say, you only live once.

Rick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew2022)
    get a job
    I'm opposed to that idea, as I am on holiday. :P

(Original post by SideKickRick)
    My goodness I know the feeling! I just always seem to just sit around doing bugger-all all summer! I now just fill my summers with going out, drinking, working and sleeping. But the odd occaision when I see daylight hours I like to practise my cocktail flairing and a little bit of breakdancing when the weather's nice. You could try something like that. A couple of summers ago I taught myself how to juggle and to programme. Just think of something that you'd really like to be able to do or have seen someone else doing and thought that it would be cool to learn, and go for it! As they say, you only live once.

Rick.
    haha i like this guy already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    read a ridiculous amount of books. learn to play a musical instrument by yourself?
    Yeah I would love to learn another musical instrument, will be borrowing my sister's fiance's guitar soon... have taught myself piano before and I adored it but I don't own one and it's so pointless playing on a dodgy little Yahama keyboard. Hehe.

(Original post by innercitylife)
    I'm opposed to that idea, as I am on holiday. :P
    er... dont ppl go on holiday 2 get away from doin everthing and do nothin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SideKickRick)

Rick.
    You're a star Drinking and sleeping is much the projected plan for the next two weeks but I'm thinking.. my body can't hack drinking when waking at 11am until 3am so I might need to fill in the gap somehow. Drinking games don't quite fit the mark somehow last summer was consumed by reading strange books on World War II and I think I need something a bit more cheery this time haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew2022)
    er... dont ppl go on holiday 2 get away from doin everthing and do nothin?
    Not on summer holiday, nope. Being purposely pedantic? Nice one mate.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.