Urgent! Job offer at Sainsbury's

Watch
simonhksc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi there,
I've been offered a job at Sainsbury's as counter assistant, 12 hours a week and the hours are pretty good for me.
However, I'm in a sticky situation as the Sainsbury's is in my university town, of which I'll be leaving in mid June to go home for the summer. My job at Sainsbury's depends on whether I can work over the summer and obviously I cannot live in my university town over the summer, as its expensive for a bnb and the rent for my house next year doesn't start until September.
My hometown where I will spend the summer is not commutable, it's 3 hours away. This job is literally perfect for me but the only snag is the summer part, any advice? Particularly from those who worked at Sainsburys before.
I understand it's unfair on the management to swan off for the summer, so I can see why they want you there, is it possible to transfer my job for the summer months to Norwich? (my hometown)
Any advice appreciated.
Jackieox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can you not extend the rent for your house?
If they want you to work over summer i'd say that would be a pretty big part of you keeping the job or not..
pusha a
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by simonhksc)
Hi there,
I've been offered a job at Sainsbury's as counter assistant, 12 hours a week and the hours are pretty good for me.
However, I'm in a sticky situation as the Sainsbury's is in my university town, of which I'll be leaving in mid June to go home for the summer. My job at Sainsbury's depends on whether I can work over the summer and obviously I cannot live in my university town over the summer, as its expensive for a bnb and the rent for my house next year doesn't start until September.
My hometown where I will spend the summer is not commutable, it's 3 hours away. This job is literally perfect for me but the only snag is the summer part, any advice? Particularly from those who worked at Sainsburys before.
I understand it's unfair on the management to swan off for the summer, so I can see why they want you there, is it possible to transfer my job for the summer months to Norwich? (my hometown)
Any advice appreciated.
Sainsburys are quite accepting of student situtations like this, explain it to them and they might let you have the summer off
lozzielizzie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Explain and see if the store in home town can take you during the summer. I got a colleague at work who went home from Christmas and work in his home store over the holiday. It's definitely possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (145)
42.9%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.54%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.06%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed