I do not understand some people and their lack of grammar and punctuation online.

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Daddyofallcats
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
When I was 16, I became as many now call a "Grammar Nazi".
Before I was 16, I would type without grammar and punctuation.

I cannot understand how anyone who is over the age of 15 can type without the use of basic grammar and punctuation.

Many common things I see people do include:
1."Accidentcally" using your when they mean you're.
2. "Accidentcally" using there/their when they mean they're.
3. "Forgetting" to capitlise (proper) nouns (esspecially I) and misusing capital letters.
4. "Forgetting" to use questions marks/full stop to end a question/sentence. (A question without a question mark isn't a question and a sentence without a full stop isn't finished)
5. "Forgetting to use apostrophes.
6. The misuse of excamlation marks and other forms of puncuration marks.

I can't take anyone who types without basic grammar and puncuration seriously. I can understand if a 7 year old child types without it as they're still learning but someone who knows how to use grammar and puncuration shouldn't be typing like they're a child!

People try to defend their lack of grammar and puncuration by saying some of the following:

1. "I'm not in an English class."
2. "People know what I mean."
3. "I'm lazy."

I personally do not think any of these excuses are valid.

If you do not use grammar and puncuration people may/most likely will think you're stupid/uneducated.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i totely agre
Raizelcadres
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Daddyofallcats)

I cannot understand how anyone who is over the age of 15 can type without the use of basic grammar and punctuation.

3. "Forgetting" to capitlise (proper) nouns (esspecially I) and misusing capital letters.
4. "Forgetting" to use questions marks/full stop to end a question/sentence. (A question without a question mark isn't a question and a sentence without a full stop isn't finished)

I can't take anyone who types without basic grammar and puncuration seriously. I can understand if a 7 year old child types without it as they're still learning but someone who knows how to use grammar and puncuration shouldn't be typing like they're a child!

People try to defend their lack of grammar and puncuration by saying some of the following:

3. "I'm lazy."

If you do not use grammar and puncuration people may/most likely will think you're stupid/uneducated.
cuase I'm can.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Theres a wonderful thing called auto correct. Also, when I've been typing on my ipad, I've accidentally pressed ! instead of ? when asking a question.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When I was 16, I became as many now call a "Grammar Nazi". Before I was 16, I would type without grammar and punctuation. I cannot understand how anyone who is over the age of 15 can type without the use of basic grammar and punctuation. Many common things I see people do include: 1."Accidentcally" using your when they mean you're. 2. "Accidentcally" using there/their when they mean they're. 3. "Forgetting" to capitlise (proper) nouns (esspecially I) and misusing capital letters. 4. "Forgetting" to use questions marks/full stop to end a question/sentence. (A question without a question mark isn't a question and a sentence without a full stop isn't finished) 5. "Forgetting to use apostrophes. 6. The misuse of excamlation marks and other forms of puncuration marks. I can't take anyone who types without basic grammar and puncuration seriously. I can understand if a 7 year old child types without it as they're still learning but someone who knows how to use grammar and puncuration shouldn't be typing like they're a child! People try to defend their lack of grammar and puncuration by saying some of the following: 1. "I'm not in an English class." 2. "People know what I mean." 3. "I'm lazy." I personally do not think any of these excuses are valid. If you do not use grammar and puncuration people may/most likely will think you're stupid/uneducated.
Were your spelling mistakes done 'Accidentcally'? There again, 'puncuration' can be a difficult subject. :lol:
study beats
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

3. "I'm lazy."

wot du yu mean [email protected]
fawmartin
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I never accidencally get my puncuration wrong luckily
Kyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

3. "I'm lazy."

*accidentally
*capitalise
*question marks
*exclamation marks
*punctuation marks
*punctuation
*punctuation
*punctuation

Also, you're lacking commas

Posted from TSR Mobile
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Looks like you've had an accident, Cally.
AnotherYu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ikr, I hop treesa may maks it unlegal.
username2926188
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Everyone makes mistakes, everyone has those days. Everyone knows what i'm talking about, everybody gets that way!
Kyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
U is a trolll and u shuld not b postting on these website

Posted from TSR Mobile
loveleest
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
OP, tsr isn't an English exam hun x
squirrology
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
u, r €£a j0_k3 $0z!1!
Al-farhan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your right
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
u are one of them trowels innit
Michiyo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ur rite lol liek no1 knos how2 wryt anymor now a dayz liek lol how can dey be so stoopid i dunt undestnd dem n ddey kant evun uze punktuashon n stuffz lol wtf haz da worlde com 2 b
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Were your spelling mistakes done 'Accidentcally'? There again, 'puncuration' can be a difficult subject. :lol:
i thought puncturation was hard?:holmes:
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by quasa)
i thought puncturation was hard?:holmes:
Oh, puncturation is much harder...!
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

soz
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (163)
59.93%
I don't have everything I need (109)
40.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise