Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So what are we to expect? I assume it'll be your typical sign up, join some societies and get pissed affair?

ReputationRep:
    depends on which hall, wills has pub crawls, club nights, a pirates party etc. All the different halls will vary depending on what the jcr feels like doing but generally there will be more organised for you in hall (as opposed to the union's stuff) if you're in a hall with a high precentage of returners.

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea. just gona try and not do what i normally do when i go to new place of study/work and take months to make new friends . once i've made friends just gona go with the flow

ReputationRep:
    First day (Sunday) i'm getting a bag of doughnuts from Tesco's.
    When i'm settled and hung my pictures, hooked up my pc etc. I'm gonna visit my neighbours in turn, offer 'em a doughnut and have a brief chat to break the ice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bryn)
    i have no idea. just gona try and not do what i normally do when i go to new place of study/work and take months to make new friends . once i've made friends just gona go with the flow
    Hehe, I know exactly what you mean. I'm going to have to make more of an effort at uni, because I'm not the world's most confident person when it comes to striking up conversation with strangers. I'm sure I'll be fine though - see you all there!

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Perdurabo:
    First day (Sunday) i'm getting a bag of doughnuts from Tesco's. When i'm settled and hung my pictures, hooked up my pc etc. I'm gonna visit my neighbours in turn, offer 'em a doughnut and have a brief chat to break the ice.
    Whoa, I hope I'm one of your neighbours! I really like doughnuts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perdurabo)
    When i'm settled and hung my pictures, hooked up my pc etc. I'm gonna visit my neighbours in turn, offer 'em a doughnut and have a brief chat to break the ice.
    bring on the doughnuts!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KR2004)
    Whoa, I hope I'm one of your neighbours! I really like doughnuts!
    Ditto!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perdurabo)
    Which Hall/house will u b in??????

ReputationRep:
    I'll actually bring some home-made cakes with me, brew a huge pot of tea, and then visit all of my neighbours and introduce myself.

Nothing like tea and cake to get to know new people

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.