Romeo And Juliet HELP!!! Watch

RubyG145
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi! i have an assessment due in really really soon! Its about Romeo and Juliet; specifically around the question:

HOW DOES SHAKESPEARE PREPARE US FOR THE TRAGIC EVENTS AT THE END OF THE PLAY?

i know it sounds real easy but whenever i ask anyone for help, they just tut and say: Well maybe if you listened in class, you would know what you were doing more often!
And OH MY WORD! I honestly do listen and want to get a good grade in this assignment! here's my paragraphs so far:

Even from the prologue, Shakespeare wants us to know that two star-crossed lovers end up taking their lives due to opposing families and everyone's included opinion on true love.

Romeo and Juliet are defined by Shakespeare himself as "star-crossed lovers" because they are told that they aren't meant to be. And towards the end of the play they start to realise this. they realise that the world doesn't want them to be together and they feel as though the world is also against them.

As for Juliet; her own family are against her when she refuses to marry the County Paris. Juliet has been completely abandoned by all the people she thought she could trust. The tension between Juliet and her parents puts stress on the whole situation she's in. She begins to hate her life. This gives us an idea in our head that she might resort to committing suicide...

Romeo has also gone through some hard times. His best friend gets killed, he kills Tybalt ( a huge member of the Capulet family ) and is then banished from Verona.

That's all I've got so far. My teacher always tells me to follow PEE ( Point, Evidence, Evaluate). If anyone knows any good parts of the script to talk about that would be great! I think there's a good one for Romeo in Act 5 Scene 1. Any help would be much appreciated!!! I am so desperate, like, you have no idea!

thanks to anyone who replies with help! My assessment is due in tomorrow
( 29th March 2017)

PLEASE HELP ME!

~ Ruby ( Britain )
narpip
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would highly recommend googling a dictionary of literary terms. Using the correct terminology can really push your grade upwards because it will show the marker that you know what you are discussing. For this piece, you need to look up 'Foreshadowing'. If you were to google 'Foreshadowing' in Romeo and Juliet you'll likely get a lot of results but you have already mentioned one. Shakespeare refers to the lovers as being "star-crossed" which is a term meaning lovers whose relationship is doomed to fail. This is the earliest example of foreshadowing, so early it's in the plays first monologue so audiences will know immediately that there will not be a happy ending for the play. Depending on the word count I would say maybe five well explained examples would be enough to secure a good mark?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (402)
57.02%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.33%

Watched Threads