Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Wow, ive got half my results early watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    aso, why blank out everything apart from your candidate number and DOb? surely if someone's gonna dob you in, your candidate number is the best way of doing it
    i think candidate numbers are given out by schools, so unless u knew the centre number it would difficult to find. but of course the exam board could do a search on candidate number and search for those exact results..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dave134)
    Sure, and within 40 days from your request they would have to provide the data that they hold on you at the point of filing the request. In order for you to recieve the information returned by your request by say, last monday, the 16th of August, you would need to have filed your request by around the 6th of July. That far back its unlikely your results would have been in existance.

If anyone did try it, the exam-board would probably take it to court, hoping at least to delay it beyond the day results were to be published. There would likely be an amendment to the law to prevent anyone from trying it again.
    it might be written somewhere that you abid to certian rules etc. on something we have all signed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa777)
    woa

they are all loftx's
    from last year yes.

how did you get hold of those? did he send them to you?

(Original post by priya)
    from last year yes.

how did you get hold of those? did he send them to you?
    no, why do u care ?
    * curious *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keithy)
    it might be written somewhere that you abid to certian rules etc. on something we have all signed.
    we never actually signed anything to say we should wait until august 19th etc to get our results. but like dave pointed out, it'd be pretty hard to get them early enough anyway

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you can sign away your rights under Data Protection, otherwise it would be in the small-print of everything. Companies hate the DPA, as it is difficult to charge more than £15 for the search, yet the request can include any and all info held on you, including CCTV. Equally they cannot hand over other peoples data either.

If you requested all the CCTV footage of you in your local shopping centre they would have to comply. In order to comply they would need to pixellate everyones face except yours, and the costs for such information to be extracted cleansed and collated are huge.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you can sign away your rights under Data Protection, otherwise it would be in the small-print of everything. Companies hate the DPA, as it is difficult to charge more than £15 for the search, yet the request can include any and all info held on you, including CCTV. Equally they cannot hand over other peoples data either.

If you requested all the CCTV footage of you in your local shopping centre they would have to comply. In order to comply they would need to pixellate everyones face except yours, and the costs for such information to be extracted cleansed and collated are huge.
    how do i got about requesting all the cctv footage my local shopping centre have on me, would i need a lawyer?, would i have to pay?

ReputationRep:
    how do i got about requesting all the cctv footage my loacl shopping centre have on me, would i need a lawyer?
    No lawyer needed, just a letter to the Data Controller demanding all CCTV footage held.

Why you would want to be nasty to them though I don't understand.

ReputationRep:
    No lawyer needed, just a letter to the Data Controller demanding all CCTV footage held.

Why you would want to be nasty to them though I don't understand.
    i was short changed once

Pete2004 inspires me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa777)
    Pete2004 inspires me
    the p2 guy, was he ever caught?

(Original post by Invisible)
    HAHA, on thursday he'll be knocking one out over the fact that he got 100/100 in P2 thanks to the help of UKL members! :rolleyes:
    LOLOLOL yeah man, he'll have the whole situation under control and then his *****es will be like " sup baby "

the p2 guy, was he ever caught?
    LOL no..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super_Woman)
    it says the date of issue was 2nd of August 04. i just looked at my march results for OCR and it said date of issue was 4th March 04 - about 2 and a half weeks before we actually got them.. so i dunno, could be real as same amount of time issued before given to us..? but on my OCR statement of results it didn't have the bottom bit with the asterix (*) which states how a grade cannot be held if it is cashed in, or something like that anyway.. :confused:

[Edit:] this is for the first one up top btw
    yeh on my OCR results slip last yr, it had the asterix but also had the overall grade for each qualification at the top and in brackets

Furthermore, the date of issue on the fake results slip is exactly the same date as last yr which is very unlikely since results this yr are issued 1 week later than last yr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark123)
    yeh on my OCR results slip last yr, it had the asterix but also had the overall grade for each qualification at the top and in brackets

Furthermore, the date of issue on the fake results slip is exactly the same date as last yr which is very unlikely since results this yr are issued 1 week later than last yr.
    why would someone want to fake their results and put it on this site? surely he knew he would get seen through?! and whats the point in faking them anyway? they aren't real and nobody has believed him

ReputationRep:
    Thats fake because those history papers (2582/84/86) are the advanced subsidary papers, not the advanced GCE unit...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    that's a fake. they don't give you a grade for individual scores, only for the overall ums mark.
    Erm actually they do for OCR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarBlueUK)
    Erm actually they do for OCR
    why? individual UMS scores are meaningless on their own.

ReputationRep:
    OCR gives a UMS for each module and also a UMS for each subject, i.e. Maths along with a grade for each module and subject. Only the subject has a lower case grade in brackets along with a upper case grade i.e. Maths A(a), the modules only have lower case grades, i.e Pure Maths a

ReputationRep:
    how come i can't open the file. i tried opening it in publisher and it didn't work

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.