Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, for those who think they may have to go through Clearing on Thursday and want to check the newspapers as early as possible in the morning (those who cannot access a computer at the time), what newspaper will you be getting for vacancies? I'm thinking of getting the Independent but do all of the newspapers with vacancy lists in them have the same courses? Or will one be more accurate than the other? If they are the same, then I'll just buy the cheapest one

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully no newspaper! But yeah...if I have to go into clearing it will be The Independent, but I have a list of universities already that have vacancies available (some have online forms where you can reserve a place if you go into clearing and they phone you up on the day) so I will try those anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlondeFunkyChic)
    Hopefully no newspaper! But yeah...if I have to go into clearing it will be The Independent, but I have a list of universities already that have vacancies available (some have online forms where you can reserve a place if you go into clearing and they phone you up on the day) so I will try those anyway.
    Yea, I have registered with The Guardian so that they text my phone if some vacancies come up on the courses I want. I still can't find the right phone numbers for come Clearing courses though, because the sites aren't clear enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotus_lee)
    Yea, I have registered with The Guardian so that they text my phone if some vacancies come up on the courses I want. I still can't find the right phone numbers for come Clearing courses though, because the sites aren't clear enough.
    Have you noticed or is it just me...that on some university sites that the text is extremely tiny, or indeed microscopic? I can't read it!!!

ReputationRep:
    The sun, like i always do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    The sun, like i always do.
    Grrrrrr, lying scum :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm buying the Independant on the way to college...hopefully I will not have to use it. I've registered with the Guardian too to recieve txt alerts for courses that I'm interested in.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya guys,

You can actually find out which clearing spaces are available at midnight tonight (or tomorrow/whatever) as thats when tomorrows papers are sent out to really central places, i got mine from leicester square tube station last yr when i was awaiting results.
    The cool thing about it was that discovered early that i got on to my course as there were no clearing spaces available in the paper, so it can be a reassuring thing as well as a way of preparing for the worst
    Hopefully you guys wont need it though, good luck!! (and dont panic, i did crap all work and managed to get three A's!)

ReputationRep:
    None for two reasons: 1. I will hopefully get the grades 2. If I don't get the grades I will re-take the year.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.