The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kinglee
Hi
Does anyone know if University of Manchester allows for a Biomedical science to a Medicine Transfer?
Thanks,
Kinglee

Hi there!

Unfortunately they don't allow any transfers onto their Medicine course. However, we have a list of the universities with Biomedical Science to Medicine transfer schemes here.

Hope this helps! :smile:
The Medic Portal
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by The Medic Portal
Hi there!

Unfortunately they don't allow any transfers onto their Medicine course. However, we have a list of the universities with Biomedical Science to Medicine transfer schemes here.

Hope this helps! :smile:
The Medic Portal

Thanks
Original post by kinglee
Thanks

Uni of Manchester do have a scheme to transfer, its a really knew scheme now I don't know much about it, but I'm in my first year at Manchester hoping to swap next year.
Last year was the first year they had this scheme
Reply 4
Original post by vishnarliee
Uni of Manchester do have a scheme to transfer, its a really knew scheme now I don't know much about it, but I'm in my first year at Manchester hoping to swap next year.

hey do you think you can give me more information about this?
Thanks,
Kinglee
From what I heard there is such a scheme, just that it's not widely published / established. However it would be best to check with the Faculty for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Reply 6
Original post by singzeon
From what I heard there is such a scheme, just that it's not widely published / established. However it would be best to check with the Faculty for the most accurate and up-to-date information.

Thanks for your reply !
Original post by kinglee
hey do you think you can give me more information about this?
Thanks,
Kinglee

You apply through the university (not through UCAS) but there are usually 10-20 places per year. You have to do an online application (similar to personal statement, but longer) and then if successful youre invited to an interview (ours is MMI). they say you find out a few weeks after the interview if you were successful. You transfer into med the following year but you start at year 1 again.
To be eligable you need 60% average in both jan and summer exams, they like you to do volunteer work (get some in first year whilst you have time).
Hi can you tell me the name and code of the course

hi there did you transfer to Medicine. i'm stuck on my choices whether to pick Manchester or Leicester university.
Original post by razanrosa11
hi there did you transfer to Medicine. i'm stuck on my choices whether to pick Manchester or Leicester university.

Hi there, i actually ended up at leicester uni studying medicine! Sorry i know this is probably too late.
They offer 8-10 places roughly for year for transfers, and you apply and interview internally
I much prefer the course at leicetser tho, as manchester is PBL and i wanted a slightly more structured approach, leicetser has a great balance between lectures, group work (case-based studying), and dissection etc.
Hi there, i actually ended up at leicester uni studying medicine! Sorry i know this is probably too late.
They offer 8-10 places roughly for year for transfers, and you apply and interview internally
I much prefer the course at leicetser tho, as manchester is PBL and i wanted a slightly more structured approach, leicetser has a great balance between lectures, group work (case-based studying), and dissection etc.

Hi there,

I'm glad to know you could do it. I'm starting my degree this year, Biomedical Science and my intention is change to medicine in an university which allows it. Apart from the fact that I hope to get the most high grades so my chances improve. I'm also worried with another thing, do you believe even after finishing the 2 years of Biomedicine, is still possible to get the student finance for the whole medicine course, in case of acceptance ?
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.
All the best
Angela
Reply 12
What sort of grades did you get at A Level? I am joining Leicester this year and looking to transfer after year 1...
Original post by SartoriA
Hi there,

I'm glad to know you could do it. I'm starting my degree this year, Biomedical Science and my intention is change to medicine in an university which allows it. Apart from the fact that I hope to get the most high grades so my chances improve. I'm also worried with another thing, do you believe even after finishing the 2 years of Biomedicine, is still possible to get the student finance for the whole medicine course, in case of acceptance ?
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.
All the best
Angela

Hi,
I'm not too sure, i know that after 1 year they will, but i think for 2 you have to fund a year yourself (as they allow for 1 intercalation year so fund a 6 year degree). I'm sure that if you contact SFE they could probably explain more, and possibly help with your specific situation. I'm considering intercalating next year which would extended my degree, so I need to look into it too as NHS bursary covers your final year.
Sorry its not much help!
Vishali
Hi,
I got AAA at a level, leicester like a good UKCAT too so try and get a decent score in that. The interview is MMI style which they score you on and combine it with your a levels and ukcat. There are a few people I know that transferred in leicester and it seems like there are a few opportunities
Vishali
Reply 15

Hiya, I’m looking at doing this at Manchester, did you ever manage to swap?

Did you have to do the ucat to transfer
Original post by fatimalatif806
Did you have to do the ucat to transfer

Not if its internal usually, as far as i know, only if you apply eternally again

Did you have to do the ukat to transfer
Original post by fatimalatif806
Did you have to do the ukat to transfer

No i dont think so unless they've chnaged it, only UKCAT if you apply externally to other universities

Latest