Biomedical Science to Medicine Transfer Watch

kinglee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi
Does anyone know if University of Manchester allows for a Biomedical science to a Medicine Transfer?
Thanks,
Kinglee
The Medic Portal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kinglee)
Hi
Does anyone know if University of Manchester allows for a Biomedical science to a Medicine Transfer?
Thanks,
Kinglee
Hi there!

Unfortunately they don't allow any transfers onto their Medicine course. However, we have a list of the universities with Biomedical Science to Medicine transfer schemes here.

Hope this helps!
The Medic Portal
kinglee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by The Medic Portal)
Hi there!

Unfortunately they don't allow any transfers onto their Medicine course. However, we have a list of the universities with Biomedical Science to Medicine transfer schemes here.

Hope this helps!
The Medic Portal
Thanks
vishnarliee
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks
Uni of Manchester do have a scheme to transfer, its a really knew scheme now I don't know much about it, but I'm in my first year at Manchester hoping to swap next year.
Last year was the first year they had this scheme
kinglee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by vishnarliee)
Uni of Manchester do have a scheme to transfer, its a really knew scheme now I don't know much about it, but I'm in my first year at Manchester hoping to swap next year.
hey do you think you can give me more information about this?
Thanks,
Kinglee
singzeon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
From what I heard there is such a scheme, just that it's not widely published / established. However it would be best to check with the Faculty for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
kinglee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by singzeon)
From what I heard there is such a scheme, just that it's not widely published / established. However it would be best to check with the Faculty for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Thanks for your reply !
vishnarliee
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey do you think you can give me more information about this?
Thanks,
Kinglee
You apply through the university (not through UCAS) but there are usually 10-20 places per year. You have to do an online application (similar to personal statement, but longer) and then if successful youre invited to an interview (ours is MMI). they say you find out a few weeks after the interview if you were successful. You transfer into med the following year but you start at year 1 again.
To be eligable you need 60% average in both jan and summer exams, they like you to do volunteer work (get some in first year whilst you have time).
razanrosa11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi can you tell me the name and code of the course
razanrosa11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by vishnarliee)
hi there did you transfer to Medicine. i'm stuck on my choices whether to pick Manchester or Leicester university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19
    Sat, 28 Sep '19
    Sat, 12 Oct '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (127)
19.51%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (62)
9.52%
No I am happy with my course choice (368)
56.53%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.44%

Watched Threads