The Student Room Group

5'6 and 11 and 8 stone overweight or underweight

I am 5'6 and i am 16 yrs I am 11 and 8 stone but I don't know if that is overweight or underweight plus I dont know what that is in pounds if anyone knows please tell me thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by suzziecute
I am 5'6 and I am 11 and 8 stone but I don't know if that is overweight or underweight plus I dont know what that is in pounds if anyone knows please tell me thanks

You could easily google search the conversion from KGs in pounds.

What matters more is how it's distributed, weight wise you're good.
11 stone 8 pounds? Or 11 years old and 8 stone? The former makes you overweight (unless you've been working out and gaining lots of lean mass). The latter makes you underweight (and very young).
Original post by shawn_o1
11 stone 8 pounds? Or 11 years old and 8 stone? The former makes you overweight (unless you've been working out and gaining lots of lean mass). The latter makes you underweight (and very young).

It's still overweight, regardless of its composition.

Your BMI is 26.1, which is in the overweight category. It's important not to put on any more weight, and try to lose a little if possible.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by shawn_o1

I am 16 yrs old
but I weigh 11 and 8 stone
Reply 5
Yeah, overweight.
I'm 6ft, 10 stone 4, and I'm just about average.
I am 5'6 and i am 16 yrs I am 11 and 8 stone but I don't know if that is overweight or underweight plus I dont know what that is in pounds if anyone knows please tell me thanks

Moved to Health
I am 16 yrs old

If you're only 16 and that weight, then I'd add to my earlier comment and say it's very important not to put on any further weight
Reply 8
Original post by Reality Check
If you're only 16 and that weight, then I'd add to my earlier comment and say it's very important not to put on any further weight

I dont eat that much anyway so I dont. see why I am that weight anyway. unless it has anything to do my boobs and ass but that's bout it
Reply 9
A bit overweight according to the NHS BMI calculator but if you work out a lot it could be muscle. Obviously BMI is not 100% accurate but it is a good starting point.

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx
Original post by ed98
A bit overweight according to the NHS BMI calculator but if you work out a lot it could be muscle. Obviously BMI is not 100% accurate but it is a good starting point.

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx

She's a 16 year old girl...I doubt whether it's muscle that's pushed her BMI up into the 'overweight' category.
Yeah you're overweight. Although look in the mirror and judge for yourself. You could still look pretty good if the fats in the right places, although I do recommend dropping a few lbs.
I am 16 yrs old

Do you mean 11 stone and 8 pounds? Or 8 stone and 11 pounds? Because those are different, One would put you at a healthy weight and the other overweight.

I'm your height, 24, and weigh a little under 9st which is healthy. Back in the summer I was underweight at 7 & a half. Health-wise I definitely felt the difference.

Quick Reply

Latest