How do I get scholarships to study in England? Watch

thestoryoftien
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Quick background: I am an American student who wishes to study at Trinity College, Cambridge for her undergraduate.)

Over the summer, I plan to apply to as many scholarships as I possibly can (to relieve the burden during the school year). I'm having difficulties merely looking for scholarships since searching "scholarships to study abroad" on Google results in scholarships for short-term study. I need scholarships that would apply to students who want to study in England for all 3-4 years of their bachelors.

I know about the Cambridge Trust, but international scholarships are quite competitive, aren't they? I would love to hear some scholarship recommendations from American students who have had experience with this kind of problem, but any suggestions at all would be appreciated.

(I apologize for the weird categorization of this question. I realize it's not an everyday issue for everyone, but this was the most apprpraite topic choice.)
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by thestoryoftien)
(Quick background: I am an American student who wishes to study at Trinity College, Cambridge for her undergraduate.)

Over the summer, I plan to apply to as many scholarships as I possibly can (to relieve the burden during the school year). I'm having difficulties merely looking for scholarships since searching "scholarships to study abroad" on Google results in scholarships for short-term study. I need scholarships that would apply to students who want to study in England for all 3-4 years of their bachelors.

I know about the Cambridge Trust, but international scholarships are quite competitive, aren't they? I would love to hear some scholarship recommendations from American students who have had experience with this kind of problem, but any suggestions at all would be appreciated.

(I apologize for the weird categorization of this question. I realize it's not an everyday issue for everyone, but this was the most apprpraite topic choice.)
I m afraid full scholarships don't really exists for undergrads who are uk students let alone international students. Cambridge trust scholarships appear to be for postgrads. I think you re only potential option is to look into charity scholarships and lower your expectations of getting funded for your whole degree, sorry.
Fadel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The chances are really slim unless you've made quite a reputation at home so your state could sponsor you. There are organisations like Chevening who give scholarships for "leaders" but you're competing with half of the world. No UK university gives a full scholarship, maximum is 50% in some, and those are far from Cambridge on the table, so your only bet are charities/organisations.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Scholarships are not readily available for undergrad internationals, "even" at Cambridge.
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...ancial-support

Also, Cambridge has its own forum here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=15
You will find fellow Americans in the threads

Posted from TSR Mobile
username3049746
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fadel)
The chances are really slim unless you've made quite a reputation at home so your state could sponsor you. There are organisations like Chevening who give scholarships for "leaders" but you're competing with half of the world. No UK university gives a full scholarship, maximum is 50% in some, and those are far from Cambridge on the table, so your only bet are charities/organisations.
Chevening scholarships are only for postgraduate study.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevening_Scholarship
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

The British council promotes study in the uk to international students.

They have a page linking to some scholarships: https://study-uk.britishcouncil.org/...ancial-support

Most scholarships are based on either your home country/background or subject though.

Contact the BC (and Cambridge themselves) and see if they can put you in touch with students from your state currently studying in the uk. They'll likely have a better insight into the sources of funding available.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.28%
They might tell the bully (26)
9.96%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.09%
It might lead to more bullying (95)
36.4%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.27%

Watched Threads