The Student Room Group

Student funding

Hey..
I need some advice. My course finishes in January this year but I don't graduate until July. On my student finance England account the 3rd maintence loan still shows that I am still getting it..will I still get the payment?
I never applied for half fees for this academic year because I was meant to do a Hon top up but decided not to
Original post by Leahjade1234
Hey..
I need some advice. My course finishes in January this year but I don't graduate until July. On my student finance England account the 3rd maintence loan still shows that I am still getting it..will I still get the payment?
I never applied for half fees for this academic year because I was meant to do a Hon top up but decided not to

It will depend - if your university notify SFE that you have swapped down from the top up then you're likely to have your last instalment cancelled (and possible be asked to repay any overpayment of fees).

Your graduation date is not your completion date - that will depend on the term dates that your university send to SFE. It's likely that your account still shows the 3rd instalment because you haven't notified them that you've changed your course from what you applied for funding for and finished. It's very likely that this will come to light over the next few months. I would strongly recommend that you don't spend any of the 3rd instalment money if it is paid - SFE will ask for immediate repayment of an overpaid loan.
Reply 2
Thank you for the info x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending