The Student Room Group

Bath vs Manchester

I'm currently deciding which uni to firm. Which would you say (objectively or subjectively) is better for Psychology in terms of student resources and student life?
Original post by emmapirnay
I'm currently deciding which uni to firm. Which would you say (objectively or subjectively) is better for Psychology in terms of student resources and student life?

The thing about Bath is that it is impossible (or so I am told...) to swap to the placements course for Psychology.

To be honest the library can get quite full towards exam time which I guess is one aspect of resources..

Otherwise I can't really answer your question but happy to answer any other questions about Bath.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=69589402#post69589402

Worth posting there to ask a Bath psychology student specific questions.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SeanFM
The thing about Bath is that it is impossible (or so I am told...) to swap to the placements course for Psychology.

To be honest the library can get quite full towards exam time which I guess is one aspect of resources..

Otherwise I can't really answer your question but happy to answer any other questions about Bath.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=69589402#post69589402

Worth posting there to ask a Bath psychology student specific questions.

I think this is true for most places!
Original post by iammichealjackson
I think this is true for most places!

:lol: fair enough, I should have known that. I guess o just have unrealistic expectations for other unis and library space.
Original post by emmapirnay

Bath was my first choice for undergrad a couple years ago but sadly didn't make my offer so I would say Bath because of the department's research quality. I am not too sure about Manchester's dept as I haven't looked into it, but the city is great as I lived there for a few months during an internship.

I have an offer to do my MRes at Bath and leaning towards it. Although I have yet to hear back from one more university.

I suppose you have to consider the city itself - Manchester is a big multicultural city whereas Bath is smaller, but still a tourist spot so it is still as vibrant.
Reply 5
Original post by igcsecrazy
Bath was my first choice for undergrad a couple years ago but sadly didn't make my offer so I would say Bath because of the department's research quality. I am not too sure about Manchester's dept as I haven't looked into it, but the city is great as I lived there for a few months during an internship.

I have an offer to do my MRes at Bath and leaning towards it. Although I have yet to hear back from one more university.

I suppose you have to consider the city itself - Manchester is a big multicultural city whereas Bath is smaller, but still a tourist spot so it is still as vibrant.

I chose Manchester in the end, but thanks! Good luck with your choices :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending