tantalised
Badges: 14
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Is this thread too early? I think not.

Feel free to share your GCSE results, AS subjects, predicted grades and which Universities you plan on applying to.
MarxHatesParsons
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tantalised)

Feel free to share your GCSE results, AS subjects, predicted grades and which Universities you plan on applying to.
I was hoping I could find a thread like this. I'm so excited at the prospect of uni.

My GCSEs aren't TSR standards: AABBCCCC
I'm currently predicted: AAB

Hoping to study LLB Law with Criminology:

University of Sheffield (AAB), Cardiff University (AAA-AAB), University of Leicester (AAB), University of Kent (AAA-ABB); Nottingham Trent (BBC/insurance).

I know I'm aiming high, but I want to test my luck.
tantalised
(Original post by MarxHatesParsons)
I was hoping I could find a thread like this. I'm so excited at the prospect of uni.

My GCSEs aren't TSR standards: AABBCCCC
I'm currently predicted: AAB

Hoping to study LLB Law with Criminology:

University of Birmingham (AAA), University of Manchester (Law w Criminology & international study AAA), University of Kent (pure law AAA/ABB), University of Liverpool (ABB); De Montfort (Law & Criminal Justice - 112 ucas points BBC/BBB?)

I know I'm aiming high, but I want to test my luck.
Don't worry about your GCSEs - universities don't care much for them anyway. I'm looking to study Law and Politics at Cardiff University.
MarxHatesParsons
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don't worry about your GCSEs - universities don't care much for them anyway. I'm looking to study Law and Politics at Cardiff University.
Hey,

I also wanted to do it with politics instead of criminology as if I opted out of a law degree I would do an IR/politics degree, but not many universities offer it with politics and still be LLB. I know it's offered in university of Manchester, Cardiff, Keele; Liverpool. I don't really know any others.

I'm hoping to attend a taster session of politics and criminology and see which one I prefer to study with law.
tantalised
Hey,

I also wanted to do it with politics instead of criminology as if I opted out of a law degree I would do an IR/politics degree, but not many universities offer it with politics and still be LLB. I know it's offered in university of Manchester, Cardiff, Keele; Liverpool. I don't really know any others.

I'm hoping to attend a taster session of politics and criminology and see which one I prefer to study with law.
I really wanted to apply to the University of Birmingham for Law and Politics, sadly, they don't offer it. There are few Russell Group universities that offer Law and Politics as an integrated honours.

Do it! You never know, you might decide Politics is for you instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
MarxHatesParsons
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I really wanted to apply to the University of Birmingham for Law and Politics, sadly, they don't offer it. There are few Russell Group universities that offer Law and Politics as an integrated honours.

Do it! You never know, you might decide Politics is for you instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TBH I just really want to go either University of Birmingham or Manchester (more so Birmingham) so I'll probs stick wiyh Law with Criminology and my ps would be based on that course.
zero_gravity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey,

There are a number of universities that offer qualifying law degrees in law and politics:

Just search for "politics" at the following link: https://www.sra.org.uk/students/cour...providers.page.

Other than the aforementioned ones, these unis offer them as qualifying law degrees: QMUL, Queen's University Belfast, Sussex, Swansea, Essex, Kent, Leicester, and a few more.
old6h
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hoping to study Law with History or History and Politics at university.
GCSEs: 10 A*s, 1A
A-levels: 4A*s + an A* in EPQ
Universities: Kent, Exeter, Warwick, Cambridge and Edinburgh

I would love to be able study Law with History, but very few universities offer it. I hope to work in the civil service or in diplomacy in the future.
yorklaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

i think not too!

GCSE's- 3A*s, 3As, 2Bs, 1C

AS/A-level- Geography, Politics, History and an EPQ (predicted A*, A, A)

I reaaaaally want to go to York, mainly because of PBL, I'm also looking at warwick and KCL but I am trying to avoid the LNAT
octoberrain
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi everyone
IGCSEs: 9A*1A
AS levels: History, German, French, Maths, Spanish
hoping for AAA at AS- 2 of my courses are linear so I'm just taking 3 this year
Universities: Cambridge/Oxford, LSE, UCL, King's, Bristol
dlaws.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Want to study Law LLB - wondering if you guys think my Uni choices are too ambitious?
GCSEs: 3 A*s, 3 As, 3 Bs
A-Level predicted (History, French, English Language): A*AA / AAA
Looking to apply to: - Durham (A*AA) - KCL/Warwick (AAA) - Exeter (AAB) - Bristol (ABB since I'm from a selected list of Bristolian schools) - Nottingham Trent.

Also; anyone got suggestions for a different 5th/insurance choice? Not many Uni's that appeal to me and have lower requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (46)
31.29%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.93%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (30)
20.41%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.52%
No - I live at home during term anyway (38)
25.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise