MA/MSc Creative Writing - Edinburgh, Birmingham or Nottingham? Watch

JellyPuddle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello! I'd love some advice/input.

I've applied to Edinburgh, Birmingham and Nottingham for Creative Writing. Nottingham has given me an unconditional offer and I'm still waiting on the other two. For those wondering about the offer, I've completed my undergraduate degree last year, so I already had my result on hand.

Out of the three, I've seen the Nottingham University Park Campus, I loved the campus (greenery and architecture). I've been to Birmingham a few times but haven't been on the campus (but will go to see it soon), and Edinburgh is a bit far off for me to pop in for a visit. :sad:

I'm not sure which uni is the best fit for me. I'm not particularly keen on drinking or nightlife, I'm more of a bookworm interested in inspiring surroundings - culture, beautiful scenery, great libraries and so on. Based on that info, which uni sounds most suitable?

I'd also love to hear from current/past CW students at these unis! What did you think of the course? What was the teaching like and would you recommend it?

Is anyone else doing a CW course at any of these unis this year?
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JellyPuddle)
You might struggle to get hold of people doing the course as masters courses tend to be quite small. You can have a look on TSR connect and in the uni forums which can be found through here to see what other students at the unis have to say about them. In terms of the courses, have a good look through course structures and content and employers are more concerned with what you studied, what grades you got and what work experience you have. Do the courses offer any work experience? Also have a look at where grads end up.
Bronte92
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Dear JellyPuddle,I'm in a similar situation. I'm still in the orientation phase, so open to any MA/Msc in an inspiring and green surroundings. I was wondering what you ended up choosing, and if you have some advice for me?Look forward to hearing from you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (377)
67.32%
No (183)
32.68%

Watched Threads