The Student Room Group

Post grad after Biomed.

I'm wanting to do a post grad after my biomedical sciences degree because I don't really fancy working in a laboratory full-time. I'm keeping my options open at the moment but leaning towards doing a PGCE and going down the teaching route. I don't really know what my options are right now? Also if there are any teachers reading this... what are the pros and cons of being a teacher?
Original post by maqs1
I'm wanting to do a post grad after my biomedical sciences degree because I don't really fancy working in a laboratory full-time. I'm keeping my options open at the moment but leaning towards doing a PGCE and going down the teaching route. I don't really know what my options are right now? Also if there are any teachers reading this... what are the pros and cons of being a teacher?

Have you looked around the teaching forum to get some ideas about the profession? Wrt careers you can do pretty much anything that uses your transferable skills. Some of my friends have gone on to do things like work for learned societies, charities, pharma marketing and science education. You can do postgrad courses in some of these but most people have just built up experience and gone from there. Have a think about what interests you, what skills you have and what sorts of things you enjoy doing.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Have you looked around the teaching forum to get some ideas about the profession? Wrt careers you can do pretty much anything that uses your transferable skills. Some of my friends have gone on to do things like work for learned societies, charities, pharma marketing and science education. You can do postgrad courses in some of these but most people have just built up experience and gone from there. Have a think about what interests you, what skills you have and what sorts of things you enjoy doing.

Yeah i've thought about it a lot and i feel like i want to go down the teaching route to be honest. Was just wonderring what work is like for teachers at the moment. But i'll defo take you up on that teachers forum it worth having a look. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest