Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Geography hl - surprising results? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How did you do in geo hl? In my school the highest grade was 6 and only one person got it. There must have been something wrong with my geo teacher..

ReputationRep:
    I don't immediately know of anyone here who did HL - I did SL a year ago (first year of the new syllabus) and got a 7. I was a bit lucky though as I screwed up the coursework.

ReputationRep:
    The thing is that there were a lot of 7s on SL in my school this year.. There were also some 7s predicted on HL and so I was quite suprised when I saw the results.

ReputationRep:
    I got a 7! Geography HL this year- people that got lower grades I think its a result of the length of the papers...

ReputationRep:
    how much did you write??

ReputationRep:
    Not that much at all- 8 pages I've got huge handwriting though... also it depends which of the questions you picked- the style of question that suits you

ReputationRep:
    I got 5 in geo hl but i wasn't hoping to get any better. Did you chose the question with map? (it was the last part i guess) I did and now i guess i was wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I always do the map question- easy marks you should almost always get 18-9/20 for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Shines_)
    I always do the map question- easy marks you should almost always get 18-9/20 for it!

anyway i got 4 for the field work :confused: .. btw how much did you get overall??

ReputationRep:
    Overall?! :confused:
    I haven't got the breakdown yet- if thats what you mean...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Shines_)
    Overall?! :confused:
    I haven't got the breakdown yet- if thats what you mean...
    i mean how many points did you get for your diploma..

ReputationRep:
    hey

I didn't have time to study much for GEO HL coz the Us I applied for wanted higher marks in Maths and Phys HL, so I didn't study almost at all n got a 6! unbelievable...
    our class did quite well... there were some 7s.. whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Urania)
    hey

I didn't have time to study much for GEO HL coz the Us I applied for wanted higher marks in Maths and Phys HL, so I didn't study almost at all n got a 6! unbelievable...
    our class did quite well... there were some 7s.. whatever.
    strange.. the only person who got 6 (the only one) in my class never got a 7 on the mock exam while those who often got 7s on mocks got 5 or even less on their final exam..

ReputationRep:
    hey I got a 4 in the mock - but I haven't looked at it at all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Urania)
    hey I got a 4 in the mock - but I haven't looked at it at all...
    there was a guy in my class who got 98% in the mock and then scored 4 in the exam,. i think my teacher wasn't prepared for teaching in the ib..

ReputationRep:
    My email is [email protected]

Thanks very much.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.