Warburg Institute MA - interview (University of London)

Watch
MarGu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everybody, I have applied for a MA program at Warburg Institute (2017/2018) and wanted to know if someone has an idea of what the interview could be like. Thank you all
V_SA
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there, I have an interview coming up at the Warburg - it would be really useful to know what your interview experience was like. What sort of questions did you get asked? Is there any preparation you'd recommend? Thanks
V_SA
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by MarGu)
Hi everybody, I have applied for a MA program at Warburg Institute (2017/2018) and wanted to know if someone has an idea of what the interview could be like. Thank you all
Hi all, I've now had my interview at the Warburg, so if it's useful for anyone, here are some details from my one. Though please note it may not be same questions or format for everyone.

I got asked about my interest in wanting to study art history and the Renaissance and why at the Warburg specifically, and there were a few follow-up questions based on my answers. We chatted about the content of the course: structure, modules, student numbers etc. And there was also an image analysis exercise, for which I was shown an anonymous image and asked to comment on it (what it resembles, the materials used, what it's purpose might have been etc). For the latter, there are some useful YouTube videos on image analysis and how to deconstruct a painting or other artwork.

Hope that's useful! And good luck to any future applicants
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (17)
28.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.67%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
60%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5%

Watched Threads