The Student Room Group

General Assistant Sainsbury's

Hi!

I recently got hired for General Assistant position in Sainsbury's. I am due to start this week, but I am unsure of what a General Assistant does. I will be working in a small convenience store of Sainsbury's and when I visited there were 3 self checkout tills and only 1 kiosk counter for cigarettes! Does this mean I will never get to work on the till? Also, what will I be doing? There is something called code checking which is in my job description, but I have no clue what that is? :s-smilie:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sayori

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sayori
Hi!

I recently got hired for General Assistant position in Sainsbury's. I am due to start this week, but I am unsure of what a General Assistant does. I will be working in a small convenience store of Sainsbury's and when I visited there were 3 self checkout tills and only 1 kiosk counter for cigarettes! Does this mean I will never get to work on the till? Also, what will I be doing? There is something called code checking which is in my job description, but I have no clue what that is? :s-smilie:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sayori

Posted from TSR Mobile

It sounds like you'll be doing things like stocking shelves, helping customers, and keeping the place presentable. As for code checking, I'm not really sure what that is, but you'll find out once you start. They'll train you in what you're doing
Reply 2
they will get you to do an induction and that will cover everything you have to do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending