BradMorgan97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Has anyone ever changed university after first year, or contemplating it this year? I'm in my first year at the University of Portsmouth and I've been hating it for the entire year. I applied for a year exchange and got accepted, but decided I don't want me uni experience to be as it is right now.

Just wondering if anyone has done similar, feels similar/knows what to do. @ me if you want
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BradMorgan97)
Has anyone ever changed university after first year, or contemplating it this year? I'm in my first year at the University of Portsmouth and I've been hating it for the entire year. I applied for a year exchange and got accepted, but decided I don't want me uni experience to be as it is right now.

Just wondering if anyone has done similar, feels similar/knows what to do. @ me if you want
Lots of people decide they've made a mistake in their choice of subject/university and leave after the first year. If you like your subject but hate the university then you can try to transfer (you need to hurry up if you decide to do that, the final UCAS deadline is approaching). You can read more about the transfer process here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1781424

If you want to do a totally new degree then you should not go on an exchange or begin your second year. You will still get a full student loan to cover a new degree as long as you leave during or just after the first year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (24)
70.59%
No I haven't decided yet (6)
17.65%
Yes but I might change my mind (4)
11.76%

Watched Threads