username3027362
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1)We buy too much food.
2)We sometimes eat too much food.
3)We waste too much food.

We're living in an economically developed country so we have the means to do this. Maybe we need more awareness on how to reduce waste as this is affecting the environment in a negative way.
josejuan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by ALYAMAANI)
1)We buy too much food.
2)We sometimes eat too much food.
3)We waste too much food.

We're living in an economically developed country so we have the means to do this. Maybe we need more awareness on how to reduce waste as this is affecting the environment in a negative way.
I completely agree with you.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes, in my opinion most people are wasting food, even me. The main reason is that we are buying too much foods, more than we need to provide us. I always give my best to consume so much of the bought foods as possible.
Whiskey&Freedom
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Food that I have bought is mine to use as I please. Whether I eat it, waste it or throw it at scummy homeless people is no concern of anyone else.
josejuan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Whiskey&Freedom)
Food that I have bought is mine to use as I please. Whether I eat it, waste it or throw it at scummy homeless people is no concern of anyone else.
I agree with @ALYAMAANI

Maybe we need more awareness on how to reduce waste as this is affecting the environment in a negative way.

Nowadays, the energy is cheap and with energy we can make food, when the more energy will increase the more food will increase, and the wasting food will be a big problem.
josejuan
Rep:
?
Interesting initiative about using food waste to feed his school kids for free,

Phil Williams Thursday Night interview Essential Phil Williams This week Phil speaks to Head Teacher Nathan Atkinson who's pioneering using food waste to feed his school kids for free, offering lunch to those who need it - all completely free, with food that would otherwise have gone to landfill. Add "Essential Phil Williams, Phil Williams Thursday Night interview" to FavouritesAdd to Favourites Download Choose your file Higher quality (128kbps) Lower quality (64kbps) Release date: 13 April 2017 15 days left to listen 23 minutes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0501mp4
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Part of the problem for me, is that I live alone. Most foods (or the amount sold) is aimed at 2 people+.

I've lost count of the amount of milk I used to throw out because it used to go off so quickly. I now buy UHT because it lasts longer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (408)
52.31%
No (372)
47.69%

Watched Threads